BACFest 2015 registration is open!!!!!!!

Marty......cheaper to fly and stay in hotels at 6-7 mpg....but, not possible to take 2 dogs in plane with one of them an 80lb Irish Setter that only wants to set in my lap.

fred

FYI.....Don't delay making your hotel reservation at Grand Harbor Resort. Their website is showing the hotel is sold out on Saturday night, October 3. Once the BAC room block is full, you may not be able to get a reservation that includes Saturday night.

Fred, I just called in my motel reservation and when they sent me my hotel confirmation, it gave a link to the web site which tells what to do in the Dubuque Area:
www.traveldubuque.com It lists the following RV park which is on Hamm Island in the river just upstream a short distance from the hotel. You may want to check it out:
American Marine at Dubuque Yacht Basin

Full service marina and RV Park; Sea Ray, Sylvan, Harris, Lund, MasterCraft, Four Winns boat dealer.

For the rest of you, when I registered at the Grand Harbor Hotel, their computer booked me in for four nights and Saturday night was the same price as the weekday nights. This is cheaper than what is listed on our club site, so I don't know if they will raise it when I get there. For now, I have each night at $89. Nice!

Last edited:
About time Marty !!! Can you guys ( meaning Dave Stevens ,Brad Mitchell, Rick K, Gary B and anyone else on the fence) mail me so I can email you a pay pal registration (you don't have to use pay pal by the way) Nice turn out so far .

Cloyd, will you be sailing up the Mississippi in the new Yacht for this ?

We made our reservation...... :rolleyes: We will be switching rooms for Saturday night. The hotel only had a king/queen bed for Thursday-Friday. Only double beds for all three days.

I think I would enjoy BACFest.....:) Just joined BAC would like to go to the Fest and participate in the fun. Not going to happen this year, fuel alone would cost a fortune to get there. Probably take 2+ days flying to get there from Juneau, AK in my little Sport 150.

Took 34 hours flight time last time I flew to Chicago. 10 hours a day, 3 1/2 days..... I think I could make Iowa an 2 days. My best guess would be $2400.00 for fuel round trip...:(

Everyone enjoy..
icon14.png

Bill , some of us do commercial and fly with the guys that were not so far away . I went commercial to Portland, Gulf Shores and drove with Wizard to Ithaca . Sciscoe went commercial to Va beach and co piloted (even though I couldn't let him touch anything :) ) with me during the flying parts . It is a great time however you get there .

I agree with John. You would thoroughly enjoy BACFest and meeting its members. I flew commercial to Pensacola, FL for the Gulf Shores BACFest. This past fall, I just was not able to take the time to fly over the Rockies to go to Portland so we flew commercial to that one. We spent some of the time saved touring Oregon. This far ahead you might be able to get pretty good air fare. I'd like to encourage you to try and make it even if it takes a commercial flight to get there. It would be great to meet you.

Last edited:
Bill:
I went to BF14 and never rode in a mouse the whole time. Commercial all the way, still had plenty of fun.

Rap

Hmmm, the web site says the Grand Harbor is sold out and their central res number is closed for the night.

You gotta call. I made a reservation Friday with no problem. There should still be a room or two in the BAC block.

If you haven't registered or reserved your room I strongly suggest that you do. We have 56 registrations so far and the IOWA Bacfest team is doing a spectacular job. I personally believe this will break the record for most planes. 32 is the record (Myrtle Beach). click this link for registration by email . jp@getxray.com

Back