BACFest 2014 attendee list (to be updated as registration occurs)

JOHNNYXRAY

Orbiting Earth
BF-logo-2014-Final_150-RGB-6in.jpg1z2z3z coin.jpg

After September 1st, 2014
$100 for everyone members (members will receive coin )

Registration Questions –

1)Which dates are you attending BACFest?

2) If you are arriving Wednesday, do you plan to attend the historic Fort tour?

3) Are you going to join us for the fly-out/drive-out to McMinnville on Thursday?

4) Do you plan to attend all maintenance clinics Friday?

5) Do you have any food allergies?

6) Are you planning to fly-in to Pearson, if so what is your N-number?

7) If you are flying in to KPDX, what is your commercial flight information?

:cool: Are you renting a car for the duration of the event? (this is to figure out the possibility of renting a van for the club)

9) Need shirt size extra shirts are available @ 15.00 each to be picked up @ event.

Prizes -

1st prize -Reimburse dream flight up to $1000 (all attendees )They get fuel, hotel, dinner reimbursed up to $1000 dollars upon turning in receipts with pictures ,and substantial article (We can help with the story but we need cooperation.)

2nd prize - GoPro or Garmin 1080p video camera

3rd prize -Flight in AT-6 (if bad weather, we will do a $150 fuel card )(prize donated by Aircraft and Marine Insurance)

To register

email jp@getxray.com with Name and how many attendees. I will email a questionnaire and PayPal invoice.

Thanks John Persinger
1. Brad Mitchell
3 .Jack and Robin Becker -BAC style
5 .Charlotte & Rap McBurney
6. John Persinger
7. Mark Hoskins
-BAC style
9 . Margie and Tom Corcoran
13. James Brocksmith and Family BAC style
14. Bob Prange
15. Bob Schmidt
17. Mick and guest Bac Style Saturday

21 .Kathryn, Val, Denis and Jim Weiser -- BAC Style
23. Linda and Mike Nielsen
24. Jeff Knight.
25. Marty Vanover -- BAC style
26. S#$%scoe -- commercial # ( I can say who this is but I would have to delete)
27. John Redmon
28. Mark Gooderum
29. Joel Krane -BAC style
30. Jon Krane -BAC style
34. Vivianne and Norris Hibbler and family
35. David Stevens BAC Style
36. Michael Dunlevie BAC style
37. Gene Nora Jessen
38. Chris Nowak
40. Eric and Hilary Miller
41.Clif Pierschbacher BAC style N6717V
43. John Foster and Karen O'loughlin * BAC style

Attachments

• challenge coin BAC.jpg
    challenge coin BAC.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 50
  • bac coin.jpg
    bac coin.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Cloyd, if a fly in were to be held in another location besides BAC Fest and/or individual member were to wish to attend the BAC annual meeting, the 15 dollars would cover the BAC Fest pack being sent to the person (shirt, coin, etc) along with a web meeting (similar to Skype) where that person (or group) would be able to attend and participate in the annual meeting.

Cloyd, if a fly in were to be held in another location besides BAC Fest and/or individual member were to wish to attend the BAC annual meeting, the 15 dollars would cover the BAC Fest pack being sent to the person (shirt, coin, etc) along with a web meeting (similar to Skype) where that person (or group) would be able to attend and participate in the annual meeting.

Jay, was that explained somewhere? Or was that discussed at some Board meeting, the minutes of which have yet to be posted.

Cloyd, Sorry the past couple of days I have been staring out the windshield of a Ryder rental truck (Rap says I need a plane):).Over 2000 miles since Monday.I have been helping Jon Krane with the registration to get Bacfest going this year. About 3 months ago the board changed the way we communicate in board meetings. We had been using a service that everyone calls a tollfree # at a certain time and you enter your pin # and we are all on a conference call together.When we hear a beep you announce who you are and so on. With all the beeps and several people trying to talk it makes for a interesting long meeting.The process was actually costly also.Approx $1000 spent on this last year.In talking with Rap, Jay and several of the board members I found a company in Ga "Imeet" which gave us a trial month of their service for free.After our first meeting we switched.Meetings can be taped,we can share computer screens, text notes, tell who is talking,members can be called or we can call them via computer .All for an annual fee approx half of what we had with the other service.The other BIG plus with this is it allows us to go live internationally for maintenance clinics, Events, CFI corner all at no extra charge to the club.I was going to try it for the Fourth of July but actually was out flying that day instead.We plan to do some tests to get the members up to speed on how this works soon.We have never had an International BACfest but this could be the next best thing. The $15 registration fee was to offset shipping fees of the Shirt,Coin,and Bacfest packet.I think all are in favor of the more members participating the better. It also doesnt have to be just international ,anyone that wants to join in from anywhere can.We have some positive things on the horizon for the club.If anybody has some suggestions we are listening.Thanks for responding Jay.As for PT points for virtual participation ? I would love to see a bunch of fellow BACers join our annual meeting that couldnt in the past.

JP

Big John, BAC leg breaker, BAC bouncer, whatever,

Ok, you got my money. Please edit my name on the first post to wdnd5960.

Love ya, brother!

I just got a membership renewal from Gene Nora Jessen, and she's coming to BF14!!! JP, look for her registration soon. For those of you who might not know her Mouse history, she and two other female pilots flew three 1962 Musketeers around the country demonstating the new airplane. I recall they were N2301Z, N2302Z, and N2303Z. Gene Nora flew 3Z. They were nicknamed OneZee, TwoZee, and ThreeZee. GN wrote two books, one of which included the Musketeer demo flights. Should be some lively conversation at BF! For more and better history, search the site for Jessen. CL: chime in, please.

Rap

And all three of the Three Musketeers are still flying! They are in Ohio, Michigan and Alabama.

Those that attended BACFest 2008 in Santa Maria and BACFest 2009 in Gatlinburg will remember Gene Nora brought her travelling book show (i.e. Winnebago) to the events. Thanks to the efforts of Chris Linderman, the club purchased books for the members in attendance and she was gracious enough to sign them. She will be an exciting addition to this year's BACFest.

JP I'm sure she will appreciate her BAC coin and add it to her ever-growing memorabilia treasure chest.

Last edited:
I propose that Gene Nora Jessen be given a free complimentary registration to BACFest 2014 in recognition for all she did for the Musketeer line. How about it? Maybe if she wants to she could tell us some of her mice stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gene Nora Jessen

I propose that Gene Nora Jessen be given a free complimentary registration to BACFest 2014.....

I second that proposal. What a great treat to have Gene Nora Jessen among us at BACFest. Our heroes/idols/mentors aren't just those that walked the moon or fought in combat. Gene Nora has overcome obstacles with tenacity and perseverance. Her leadership has inspired others for decades. We should recognize her with the gesture of complimentary registration for herself and her husband, Bob.

Bob

Back