BAC Picnic at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh - Oshkosh, WI (KOSH) - Thursday - July 29, 2021

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
Join us for our annual picnic at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh. The picnic will be held at Bob Schmidt's campsite in Paul's Woods. The picnic will start at 12:00PM CDT and ends when the last person leaves. We will supply brats and burgers with all the fixings, plus beer, soft drinks and water. If you have portable chairs, you will want to bring them.

We will post directions to Bob's campsite when they become available. Look for the BAC canopy.

Please respond to this thread if you are planning to attend and let us know how many will be in your party.

I have the following list of members and guests attending the BAC Picnic.  If you have not responded to the thread please do so.

John Redmon (1)

Bob Schmidt (1)

Roland Ashby and guest (2)

John Foster (1)

Michael Dunlevie (1)

Ed Flow and guest (2)

Dan Rothe and Nina (2)

Bob Prange and son (2)

Mike Nielsen, Linda, and Andy (3)

Greg Lundstedt and son (2)

Jonathan Oliver and wife (2)

BAC-Picnic-07-25-19.jpg

I am planning on attending on Thursday and will have one guest.  Here is hoping the weather works as I am planning on flying in on Thursday morning.

Count on me being there for the picnic!  We are camping this year, plan on arriving Sat. the 24th, so I am also looking forward to the Ice Cream on Monday!!  

John Foster

Sierra N78KD

Bend OR

Please respond to this thread if you are planning to attend and let us know how many will be in your party.

I have the following list of members and guests attending the BAC Picnic.  If you have not responded to the thread please do so.

John Redmon (1)

Bob Schmidt (1)

Roland Ashby and guest (2)

John Foster (1)

Michael Dunlevie (1)

Ed Flow and guest (2)

Dan Rothe and Nina (2)

Bob Prange and son (2)

Mike Nielsen, Linda, and Andy (3)

Greg Lundstedt and son (2)

Jonathan Oliver and wife (2)

See Post #09 for a map.  Here are the directions.  

1.  There is a pedestrian only access gate South of and between B and D exhibit hangars.

2.  Go through the gate continuing to go South and cross the East - West road in front of you angling slightly to your left.

3.  Continue going South into Paul's Woods.  

4.  Cross the bridge over a small ditch.

5.  Turn immediately right after crossing the ditch.  

6.  About half way down on your right will be the campsite.  

7.  Look for the BAC Canopy.

8.  If you come from another direction.  The campsite is on the southside of the small ditch in Paul's Woods

9.  Call if you need assistance.

John Redmon (317) 626-2583

Spoke to Bob Schmidt this evening.  There is a concern about the storms coming in tonight that may affect the BAC Picnic tomorrow.  Please check this forum posts for the latest updates.  If there are any questions.  You can always call me.  Hope to see you all tomorrow.

John 

(317)626-2583

We plan on flying from KANE in Minneapolis to KOSH Thursday morning.  If the picnic is held, Andy will be with us so there will be 3 of us.  Will check back in the morning.  Hopefully these storm will have more bark than bite.

Sorry I bugged out and missed the lunch.  Hope you all were able to ride out that Wednesday night storm.

Can we discuss moving this lunch to earlier in the week (even Wednesday) so those that come and go early-OSH can attend in the future? [img title="Smile" alt="Smile" /]https://www.beechaeroclub.org/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif[/img]

It is difficult to have a day for the BAC picnic that works for all, but Thursday works best for us.  My son takes a couple days off work and earlier would not work for him.  We coordinate our trip to OSH with him so earlier would create issues for us.  Just say'n.  

mdunlevie said
Sorry I bugged out and missed the lunch.  Hope you all were able to ride out that Wednesday night storm.

Can we discuss moving this lunch to earlier in the week (even Wednesday) so those that come and go early-OSH can attend in the future? [img title="Smile" alt="Smile" /]https://www.beechaeroclub.org/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif[/img]

We packed up the camp Wednesday and slept in the plane thru the storm. Left Thursday morning. It wasnt bad. Relentless rain and lightning but only hard for about an hour.

I was there but it was Thursday.  Really enjoyed getting to know you guys.  I brought my friend Gerard from Ormond Beach Florida, we had a great time.  Thanks for the burger and beer. Would love to have the picture form Thursday.

Back