BAC Picnic at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh - Oshkosh, WI (KOSH) - Thursday - July 25, 2024

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
Join us for our annual picnic at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh. This year will be different from past years. Bob Schmidt will no longer be hosting the picnic. After many years of hosting the event at his campsite. Bob has stepped down. We all owe Bob a great deal of thanks for a great venue for our annual event for so many years.

This year we will be at the Sacred Heart Brat Stand just outside of the EAA grounds. It is located immediately South of the Bus Park along Forest Home Ave. G-11 on the EAA map. I usually eat there for lunch. It goes to a good cause, and they are reasonably priced. I will meet with them on Monday 7/22 to make arrangements.

Plan on 11:00am CDT to meet at the concession to get ahead of the lunch crowd. I will post updates once I know more and if there are any changes.

Please reply to this thread if you are planning to attend. If you have a chair, bring it with you just in case.

See post #18 for the menu.

Aaron Mosher (4)
Warren Hoffman (2)
Nick & Jeanette Boland (2)
John Foster (2)
Les Gawlik (1)
Nelson Amen (1)
Larry Gurgainous (1)
Chris Ott (1)
Jim Shafer (1)
J Jones (1)
Bob & Andrew Prange (2)
Bob Garypie (4)
Donald Martin (2)
Mike & Jessica Link (2)
Bob Schmidt (1)
Andy Nielsen (1)
Mike & Linda Nielsen (2)

Last edited:
Join us for our annual picnic at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh. This year will be different from past years. Bob Schmidt will no longer be hosting the picnic. After many years of hosting the event at his campsite. Bob has stepped down. We all owe Bob a great deal of thanks for a great venue for our annual event for so many years.

This year we will be at the church concession just outside of the EAA grounds. It is located South of the Bus Park along Forest Home Ave. G-11 on the EAA map. I usually eat there for lunch. It goes to a good cause, and they are reasonably priced. I will meet with them on Monday 7/22 to make arrangements.

Plan on 11:00am CDT to meet at the concession to get ahead of the lunch crowd. I will post updates once I know more and if there are any changes.

Please reply to this thread if you are planning to attend.
We will attend the picnic.
Warren Hoffman and Juan Ramos
Beech Sierra N1824P.

Hi John, add two more to your list. Will Bob be present to enjoy a meal without all the work? You both have worked your tails off over the years as the group grew and grew! See you soon!!

John

I should be heading out on a Beech 18 Sunday morning. I will either come back with them on Thursday or stay till Sunday and come back Southwest.

I will be there plus #1 Son, Andrew.
I too hope Bob S can sit and we will serve him! He deserves it.
Les, I hope to see that beautiful Beech 18 of Cliff's.

Bob Prange

This year we will be at the church concession just outside of the EAA grounds. It is located South of the Bus Park along Forest Home Ave. G-11 on the EAA map. I usually eat there for lunch. It goes to a good cause, and they are reasonably priced. I will meet with them on Monday 7/22 to make arrangements.

Please reply to this thread if you are planning to attend.
Plan to attend two

I met with Mary the co-chair for the Sacred Heart today. They would love to have us. To help them serve us better look over the menu items below. Text me or reply to this thread what you would like for your meal. The chips, drinks, and the cookie will take not much preparation. It is the grilling that will take the most time. I know that all too well. They will try and have the food ready when we arrive at 11:00am on Thursday. I will meet with Mary again on Wednesday to give her a head count. I have a few of their order slips. I plan to fill one out and hand it over to Mary on Wednesday sometime after 12:00pm. Any replies after that I will hand over on Thursday morning. "If" there is any question that you might not be able to attend. Place your order with me when you actually show up. Thank you.

When I went back by shortly before 11:00am today there was plenty of open tables and seating. I would still bring a chair just in case.

The condiments are on out on the tables in front of the stand. All are served plain.

Hamburger
Cheeseburger
Dbl Cheeseburger
Bratwurst
Pulled Pork
Hot Dog
Chili Dog

Potato Chips
Cookie - Chocolate Chip or M&M

Pepsi reg or diet
Mt Dew reg or diet
Lemonade
Lipton Green Tea reg or diet
Gatorade
Water

Last edited:
As of this evening, I have only heard back from one BAC member. On what they would like to eat and drink. I spoke to Mary and her husband Jeff today. Both are co-chairs. I wasn't able to provide much information. Other than a head count. As a BAC member the meal is free. See me tomorrow unless I hear from you sooner. I will place and pay for your order. I will be at the concession stand early. Probably around 10:00am. Any questions my cell number is in post #1. See you all soon.

Back