AOPA Fly-in Gulf Shores, AL Airport (KJKA), 700 Commerce Drive, Gulf Shores, AL 36542

cbooton

Climbing to Cruise
Adventure, fun, and relaxation are what you’ll find on Alabama’s white-sand beaches. For years, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach were little-known, but more and more families are discovering the 32 miles of soft sand and clear waters, championship golf, nature trails, and deep-sea fishing on the country’s largest artificial fishing reef.

This is the site for AOPA's last fly-in for the season; and also our 2012 BACFest...so perhaps some of y'all remember the lovely area. Click on: https://www.aopa.org/community/events/aopa-fly-ins/2018-aopa-fly-ins/gulf-shores for further details.

Lots of activities to include seminars, town halls, workshops, displays, parties and of course aviation comradeship.

I will attend Friday, 26 October but have another commitment on Saturday. Any SE folks that would like to assist would sure be welcome.

Hope to see y'all there.

Charley Booton, Sierra, N9143S
SE Director, 850-496-6912

If able, I am planning on coming in Friday and leaving late Saturday afternoon
Will keep you posted as we get closer

Damn,
was there last Thursday on a pits stop. Great airport and very friendly people.
Now gotta convince the wife to fly back up for .....

Eric

I am hoping to make it for the Saturday. Haven't decided if I will arrive Sat morning to make it a day trip or fly in early. Will let you know as it gets closer pending work schedule.

Doug

I'll be there too. going to bring the land yacht instead of flying tho. really nice campground just a little south of the airport. Should be there both days. See you all there.

Got about 4 "maybe's" for the gulf shores Flyin. Wonderful FBO and great location. Lots of activities planned br AOPA.

As mentioned, I plan to attend Friday but have other plans Saturday.

For all those who attend, please pass the following as I might not see everyone:

NAME...YOUR AIRPORT ID OF ORIGIN...AND HOW YOU TRAVELED (YOUR AIRPLANE, CAR, COMMERCIAL ETC)

This is so I can tally PT points. Please either use this forum or you can email me: chazbo_af@mchsi.com

Thanks, Charley Booton

I'm driving down with the motor home. there is a really nice RV park just down the street from the airport. I will get there Thursday night and stay till Sunday morning.

Looks like I should be there for both days now. Probably drive Friday and fly in Saturday. Make sure y'all check the AOPA website/emails to sign up for seminars/meals.

I'll try to find an opportunity for BAC folks to meet both days...welcome any suggestions.

Please feel free to call me at 850-496-6912 to set up a rendezvous or if you have any questions. Also post your phone numbers if you desire so we can all get together.

I was at the Platinum FBO at KJKA, they are offering free parking for the event. Just call them ahead of time to avoid the parking mess that will surroung AOPA.

They also have the cheapest gas and offer a 25 cent per gallon discount for first time users.

#251-923-0050

Freq 130.75
1-251-923-0050

Last edited:
Great Kevin, thanks for the heads up. Been there couple times myself...good folks.

Still plan on being there both days but might be a little late on Friday...although could still be on the road. Play it by ear. Feel free to hook up with one another if you're able. Open for suggestions of where to meet one or both days.

The Barnstormers Party might be an idea for Friday from 6-9 pm...little steep at $25 all you can eat and cash bar...$20 if purchased in advance. Or, we can meet for lunch served via various vendors from 11-2 both days.

Back