Alton Bay (B18) 2023 Fly in 2023 Feb 12th

Mouseflyer

Administrator
The first traces of ice are forming on the lake now. Assuming that this trend continues, the ice runway will open and we can fly up there and collect our certificate for landing from NH DOT and bragging rights.

Due to the vagaries of getting a group there at the same time and date, we usually recognize a landing for a given year as being present for the fly in.

I'm currently aiming to go Feb 12th, 2023 and if we can get a group together for a photo before heading to LCI for fuel and food that would be awesome.

As always there is something special for fly ins. I've been authorized to hand out BAC sponsored ice cubes.

Good morning all.

Let's check and see how things are in the frigid north of NH.. 

Wait a minute... my gauge must be be broken. Says air temp of 50F and no ice on the lake.

As previously researched and documented, musketeers do not float. This will be an issue.

We can still have some frigid weather roll through but currently NH looks like it is having failure to winter. They better get a move on. A few days in single digits will put us back on track.

TDA:  Looking at the identifyer (B18), I wonder if there would be interest in fly-ins at B19, M19, A23, B23, C23, A24, B24, C24?  I havent' a clue if they exist, or where they are if they do.

Unclerap said
TDA:  Looking at the identifyer (B18), I wonder if there would be interest in fly-ins at B19, M19, A23, B23, C23, A24, B24, C24?  I havent' a clue if they exist, or where they are if they do.

Looked them up just for fun... LOL... 

----------

*** Who ever attends C23 WILL earn their ports... [img title="Laugh" alt="Laugh" /]https://www.beechaeroclub.org/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif[/img][img title="Laugh" alt="Laugh" /]https://www.beechaeroclub.org/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif[/img]

B19 - Biddeford Municipal Airport - Biddeford, Maine, USA

M19 - Newport Regional Airport - Newport, Arkansas, USA

A23 - Saginaw Seaplane Base - Saginaw Bay, Alaska, USA

B23 - No Airport

C23 - Peleliu Airport - Babelthuap Island, Palau - (This one will require extended range tanks)

A24 - California Pines Airport - Alturas, California

B24 - No Airport

C24 - https://www.airnav.com/airport/C24 - Colorado

Anyone Attending the one at "C23" will earn their points!

Beech-45N_water_.JPG

Rob Staab, (Mouseflyer) Deputy-Vice-Associate Regional Director for the Northeast, is keeping track of the hardness of Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire. His goal is to get us together and not get us wet. Rob is based in New Jersey but his BAC interest and reach is long. The Ice Runway Fly-In is the signature event for the upper right corner of the USA.

Rob says "Musketeers Do Not Float".

Thanks for the reminder. I'll wait for the ice.

Unclerap said

We previously had a fly in to B19 in Maine.

Tom Corcoran said
Beech-45N_water_.JPG

Rob Staab, (Mouseflyer) Deputy-Vice-Associate Regional Director for the Northeast, is keeping track of the hardness of Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire. His goal is to get us together and not get us wet. Rob is based in New Jersey but his BAC interest and reach is long. The Ice Runway Fly-In is the signature event for the upper right corner of the USA.

Sometimes your purpose in life is to teach others.

We appreciate your rigorous test protocol. 

Mouseflyer said
Tom Corcoran said

Beech-45N_water_.JPG

Sometimes your purpose in life is to teach others.

We appreciate your rigorous test protocol. 

He succeeded, We all know beyond any shadow of any doubt that: "Musketeers Do Not Float"

Rob Staab is doing the very difficult job of encouraging Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire to freeze so that we can land on it.

Also encouraging is the State of New Hampshire aviation authority as well as the crew of volunteers who plow the snow to make the ice. Everyone is ready and watching.

Mother Nature is not cooperating. There is only a trace of ice right now and the Ice Runway for 2023 is cancelled. Not just by us but officially! Called off. Not going to even be thought about any more for this year. This will make us, and hundreds of flyers in New England sad. Sadness is not what we do well here.

Watch for a post of an alternate event for BAC to get together. Previous ice photo below.

Pat-alton-bay-19-016.JPG

Thank you Rob. You get credit for organizing the fly-in and my thanks as New England Regional Director for your initiative. Tom

Back