Airport Steak House - Mattoon, IL (KMTO) - Saturday - November 6, 2021

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
I'll be there along with a couple of my neighbors. One is flying his Grumman Tiger and the other if flying his 1937 Waco YKS-7.

Curt Lindauer said
I'll be there along with a couple of my neighbors. One is flying his Grumman Tiger and the other if flying his 1937 Waco YKS-7.

I am so close to there, but I have to work... Hurry up retirement... Hope you guys have a great time.

Sparkie951 said
Curt Lindauer said

I am so close to there, but I have to work... Hurry up retirement... Hope you guys have a great time.

Take a picture for us poor working stiffs that can't get away... Best I will be able to do for Lunch today is "Chick-Fil-A" :) - UGH... I don't know if to say "Ugh, Retirement is 5 years a way", or "Wow, Retirement is only 5 years away"... In a job I love, but looking forward to my retirement and going to take it at 65 so I can enjoy retirement and not have any insurance issues.  As they say in the south - "See Yaws Later!"

Don't worry John we will be taking pictures and posting to the forum.  I work every other weekend.  

Can't wait to be able to participate with you all... watching you all return was great. Flight aware is great..

Noticed N2009U (Nice Sierra) leaving, and just flying North of me...  

Hope you all have some Great Pictures!

We had a great turn out today.  Excellent day to fly.  Seven attendees, five members and two guests.  Three Sierras, one Sundowner, and one Musketeer were on the field.  Brian Rodgers challenged the Elephant ear tenderloin.  It was nice to see some familiar faces that I have not seen in a long time.  Mark and Marilyn Kendall it was really nice to see you today.  It has been a long time.  Normal discussion of donuts, Vortex generators and the next fly-in. 

Curt Lindauer arriving in his Sierra

View attachment IMG_1588.JPG

Mark and Marilyn Kendall arriving in their Musketeer

View attachment IMG_1591.JPG

Dan Rothe and his Sierra

View attachment IMG_1594.JPG

Brian Rogers and the Elephant Ear tenderloin that the Airport Steak House is famous for.

View attachment IMG_1596.JPG

Everyone ready to eat.

View attachment IMG_1597.JPG

Planes on the ramp

View attachment IMG_1601.JPG

View attachment IMG_1604.JPG

Pictured are:  Steve Schien, Brian Rodgers, Curt Lindauer, Marilyn and Mark Kendall, Dan Rothe.

View attachment IMG_1606.JPG    

Very Nice... I just wish I could have been there... I watched you all depart... Nice seeing so many BE23 and BE24's depart 1 airport...

Back