3 State Challenge

Is anyone planning on attending this? I am having to cancel due to loosing the house I was staying at but if others are going, Tom Corcoran will still be there to MC the event.

Now that my Deputy Northeast Regional Director (Alan White) has had to cancel the BAC Fly-In...
I will go to Groton, Connecticut on Friday July 31 and participate in the 3 State Challenge if someone else is going.
For those needing local information, call me at 781 843-4321 and I will help guide you.
Same is true for the Martha's Vineyard event.
I am based at Mansfield Municipal Airport (1B9) and not far from either venue.

Note: As the official July 31 event and August 1 event is officially canceled... call me as I am frequently available other times.

Tom Corcoran Direct email is mediareps@aol.com

Yeah, I'd like to try this. I would be interested in staying overnight with the group and then going to Nantucket or MV the next day. I think that would be a great three day weekend trip.

Yeah, I'd like to try this. I would be interested in staying overnight with the group and then going to Nantucket or MV the next day. I think that would be a great three day weekend trip.
Let's find a new date.

Three state challenge followed by a trip to Nantucket for a 4th state.

OK. Let's do it.

First fly-in destination:
GROTON, CONNECTICUT the first take-off for the 3 State Challenge. Any member or members who complete the watery 17 nautical miles will get a certificate. The entire challenge takes less than an hour. If it is posted 5 days in advance participants will earn a (humble) incentive from the Northeast Region's bag of tricks. Call me if you need local info 781 843-4321. Maybe I can join you or send the Connecticut BAC Airboss Ken Cook.

Other potential fly-in destinations:

MARTHA'S VINEYARD, MASSACHUSETTS. Choose from three airports. To land at Trade Wind get permission in advance online. Reserved accommodations are needed. Get around using a bus pass. Bring your checkbook and know that the Island is always full.

NANTUCKET, MASSACHUSETTS. Always busy. Always full. Always pricey. 30 miles over water from Cape Cod. Lots of hungry great white sharks this year. To get around you have some options.

CAPE COD, MASSACHUSETTS. Lots of airports. Seasonal rates. Still mostly quaint. If going to eclectic Provincetown on the outer tip consider walking to town from the airport along the Province Lands Forest nature/bike trail. Downtown is really unusual and fun. Take a taxi back to the airport.

Feel free to call me or email me at mediareps@aol.com for local info. You do your own planning because that is a fun endeavor too. Post it on BAC and get some semi-valuable token for participating.

Tom Corcoran

Last edited:
Not sure what weather canceled the event ?. I flew to Montauk today and it was blue skies all day, vis 10 plus. If you didn’t fly today, you missed a great day.

Since for a lot of us, this would be an overnight trip, do we want to make this a BACFest Light with a Friday, Saturday, Sunday and stay at a hotel? Does anybody want to make this a camping trip? I say we just all stay at Corcoran's house!

Since for a lot of us, this would be an overnight trip, do we want to make this a BACFest Light with a Friday, Saturday, Sunday and stay at a hotel? Does anybody want to make this a camping trip? I say we just all stay at Corcoran's house!

70 centralpring kbergs car show sundowner 005.jpg

Corcoran's house. 150 years old. Was originally built as a church. I'll ask Margie if she is willing to make beds for all comers.

Doctor White has agreed to pay for your lodging at a local hotel if Corcoran's is full. BAC does not offer lodging as an incentive.

TC

Back