Wingnuts Flying Circus Air Show, Tarkio, MO July 8th

niechiro

Around The Moon
I am inviting all our BAC members to the Wingnuts Flying Circus Air Show Saturday, July 8th, 2023 at Tarkio, MO, K57 on July 8th.  I have attended it before and found it to be an excellent small airport air show.  They have some big names performing like Matt Yonkin and the Aeroshell Team.  I suggest that you try to get there by 11 a.m.  Check the notams to find out when the field closes.  Air show starts at noon.  Should be over by about 2:30 p.m.  Wingnuts does have a web site, but the schedule on there lists the airshow for 2019.  I called and confirmed that the show is a go.  Here is a link to an article in their newspaper that tells you more about it. 

https://farmerpublishing.com/2023/06/27/wing-nuts-flying-circus-to-host-air-show-july-8/

That sounds like fun, and it is within Driving range, but I have to work... take some good pictures and post. Hope you and anyone else who attends enjoys the event.

It looks like the weather is going to clear just in time for this fly in.  I hope to see other BAC members who may have been holding back because of weather in the midwest.  The air show should be a very good one for a small airport.  

Mike I'm unable to attend but please let me know who attends and if you need any reimbursement on fly in expenses from our Northcentral region budget.  Hope y'all have a great time!

Kathryn and I are going to attend if the weather allows.  The OMA TAF looks ok but the STJ TAF does not.  With K57 between the two we will hope that the weather favors that in Omaha.

Linda and I had ot drive 5 hours to Tarkio due to weather issues.  It was hard IFR Saturday morning in places and thunderstorms were expected to move into southwest Nebraska that evening.  We were very happy that Denis and Kathryn Weiser were able to attend as the weather from Iowa to Tarkio cleared nicely.  The weather for the air show was great as any ceiling disappeared.  They had a lot of rain the day before and the sod parking was soft.  Denis said he taxied with about 2,000 rpm's.  He was concerned about getting back to the pavement, but he made it as we saw him depart.  I did see one picture on line that a 172 did get stuck and needed help to move. The performers were great and did not have to curtail their routines.  It's label as the biggest small airport air show is very accurate.  I took pictures of the air show, but forgot to take pictures of the 4 of us.  Sorry about that.  Here are some pictures of the airshow.  

Okay.  No pictures.  I posted pictures quite some time ago in the past, but things have changed and I'm unable to figure out how to do it so you will have to use your imagination.  Zoom.  Smoke on.  Loop.  Roll. Smoke off.  LOL!

Ah, I am sorry I missed this post otherwise I would have attended. I was out on the lake all day just killing time. 

Jeff_Winters said
Ah, I am sorry I missed this post otherwise I would have attended. I was out on the lake all day just killing time. 

This fly-in used to be every other year.  I think it's every year now.  Whichever it is let's try for it again next time.  There were not many who flew in due to IFR weather early that day.  It cleared up nicely but I don't think there were more than about ten or fifteen planes that flew in for the show.  When I was director, I used to send out postcards to make sure our North Central Region members knew about fly-ins.  People get busy and don't always follow the forums on a regular basis.  

I wanted to make it this year and it was in driving range, but my strange work weeks now prevented it... If things work out well next year, I hope to fly in to it.

Back