Wash DC NASM Annual Event

paulwerbin

Headed to Andromeda
Saturday June 18 will be the annual general Aviation event at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, Udvar Hazey Center near Dulles Airport.
This year to he title has been changed to "Innovation in Flight" day. And once again there will be a BAC aircraft on display to greet the expected crowds. This is always a fun day and if any BACers wish to help talk about flying and help display my Sierra let me know and I can try to set up access for the private before opening activities.

Paul: How about taking a Go Pro camera with you so we can see for ourselves how you manage to get into and out of that airport.

If I had one I would. It is always fun landing at DULLES. But on the exhibition day it is definitely different. I think the tower guys like seeing us all fly in. I remember departing behind a Curtis Pusher a few years ago. 35 knot climb, cruise, and land I think.
Because we all taxi straight for the museum we usually land on the east side of the three parallel runways and move quickly.
I will look for a video a friend produced a few years ago.

It sounds like we have a few BAC members helping to display the Sierra at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Udvar Hazey center at Dulles Airport this Saturday. The weather even looks agreeable! I hope anyone else that finds themselves in the area stop in for a fun day ov aviation. http://innovationsinflight.si.edu

Here is J Persinger, Chris Nowak and myself with the Sierra at the NASM Smithsonian.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 28
Wow! What a day. Thanks for all the help. With a few friends, my brother John Persinger and Chris Nowak I think we put hundreds of kids through the plane today and spoke to a whole lot of people about GA and Beechcraft. A lot of sun. A lot of fun. And a lot of people. Thanks!

Back