Texas Fly-In - lunch on Feb 1st - College Station - KCLL

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
Let's meet for lunch on Saturday - fly in to Easterwood Field and plan to arrive by 12:30. Then we will head to lunch at 12:45. Maybe going to the Dixie Chicken (my old college days hangout - but food is ... neh) or we'll find a good BBQ place. All weather dependent, of course.

I have planned this as our first "geographic center of membership map" event, so get it on your calendar and we'll see how many South Central Region mice we can gather at the airport!! :cool:

Be safe,
Nelson Amen - BAC South Central Region
210-834-1991

Here our the map I created:

https://www.easymapmaker.com/map/1d3...941e60ad45688a

It allows you to look for a member by map location (airport, town, etc.) if you wish to contact them. Just click on the pin shown to display a member's zip code, then go to our limited access "Member List" ("Community" drop-down menu) and ...... search by that zip code. Simple and (hopefully) useful to you if ever needed.

Planning on being there via el automobile (Dallas - Houston - CS). Nothing better than the Dixie Chicken. Been going there since 1979! Happy to provide the intown transportation.

Last edited:
NEW LOCATION - NEW LOCATION - - to be announced

We will not be going to KCLL since that China virus has now been discovered on campus (a student returning from China - - one of only two cases in the USA that is being monitored). There is no reason to go there now so ..... keep looking here for our new alternate meeting spot for next Saturday.

Nelson Amen
210-834-1991

The news this morning said that the coronavirus is NOT the problem in KCLL......Just thought i"d let ya know.

As reported the case in College Station IS NOT the Coronavirus. Just a sick college student, who happened to be from China.

Let's keep it at KCLL, as I've already planned for it.

OK - - NOW BACK AT KCLL - - - so see post #1 and we'll see you all on Saturday. Be there by 12:30 and we'll wash our hands somewhere ..... (yep, mom was always right!).

Nelson Amen
210-834-1991

WEATHER FORECAST IS LOOKING GREAT !!

Sunny and a high of 69. That doesn't happen here in Texas very much !

See you all on Saturday for a BBQ lunch.

Nelson Amen
210-834-1991

I am sitting on my wing, soaking up sun, waiting for Jenny to arrive. Already done an hour and a half of training. Looking forward to lunch!

Photos from our lunch yesterday - - excellent !!!

Great flights and good food. We had 5 persons, 3 airplanes and 1 Mercedes in attendance. Excellent!

Derek And Jenny Duknic (Sundowner - T51)
Johnnie Smith (Sport - KCXO)
Kelly Jones (Sundowner, but drove his car and provided the ride - HQ2)
Nelson Amen (Sundowner - 8T8 )

Hope to see some more of you all next time !

Attachments

• IMG_1543a_1.jpg
    IMG_1543a_1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1544a_1.jpg
    IMG_1544a_1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1546a_1.jpg
    IMG_1546a_1.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1547a_1.jpg
    IMG_1547a_1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 44
I have been wanting a mermaid sticker on my airplane for years, so where did you get those stickers?

=================

Great flights and good food. We had 5 persons, 3 airplanes and 1 Mercedes in attendance. Excellent!

Derek And Jenny Duknic (Sundowner - T51)
Johnnie Smith (Sport - KCXO)
Kelly Jones (Sundowner, but drove his car and provided the ride - HQ2)
Nelson Amen (Sundowner - 8T8 )

Hope to see some more of you all next time !

Back