TEXAS fly-in for lunch, Nov 5th, Sat, 11:30, KCLL

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
Fly in to College Station and ....  meet BAC Bear !!  WOW !

IMG_9510a.jpg

We will dine at the Gate 12 restaurant which is located on the airport.  An easy walk for free food.

I am hoping to hand off our BAC Bear to tour some of more Texas and other states (AR, OK, LA) with another member.

See you all then,

Nelson Amen (trumpet)  210-834-1991

Nelson, we are planning to leave on Friday for the Ozarks... we are watching the weather.  If we can't get out on Friday we may come meet you for lunch.  It'll have to be a Thursdayish decision.  I'll keep you update.

Might want to rethink the date/time.  Texas A&M plays Florida at 11am.   Many Ags fly into KCLL on game day and ramp likely to be full.  The time is after kickoff by 30 minutes, but place is likely to be busy.  Just say'in.

Also, I'll be at the game.  Gig'em.  

ONLY FOUR DAYS TO GO !!

Our alternate "rain date" will be the following day, Sunday, November 6th.  Same time.  Same place.

Since Saturday is an A&M game day, it will be interesting to see how the traffic works.  I hear that they do a great job, by closing one runway for parking of transients and providing golf cart shuttles.  I will attempt to grab some photos to post.

So ... hope to see you Saturday, or possibly Sunday.  Check here on this thread for updates.  Or just call.

Nelson Amen

210-834-1991

Forcast say 24% chance of rain on Saturday.  Wish I could attend but will be at the game.   

Sunday is sunny with only 5% chance of rain.  

Nelson, we are going tontry to get up to the ozarks tomorrow night. That means we are almost certainly out.

Have Fun!

TWO DAYS TO GO !!

FORECAST IS SUNNY AND CLEAR FOR SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT.  WINDS LIGHT AND VARIABLE.

BAC Bear and I hope to see you there !

Nelson Amen (red and white Beechcraft baseball cap)

It was a great day to fly!  Center let me cut through both SAT and AUS airspace on the way to College Station.  The restaurant was top notch and right on the field.

Since it was a Texas A&M game day, they closed one of their runways and used it for parking.  Worked very well.  The airport provided shuttles to and from your aircraft.

IMG_9771a.jpg

Then it was onto the FBO where BAC Bear had to show me what a true "chic magnet" he has become...

IMG_9773a.jpg

I met Dennis at the GATE 12 restaurant (he is a BAC Sierra driver based in Corpus Christi) who had arrive by King Air for a client attending the game.  That's the plane just behind him in the photo.  We had a great visit and a very successful BAC Fly-in !!

IMG_9774a.jpg

While Denis waited in the FBO (with BAC Bear), I rode my bicycle around campus to check out the ol' stomping grounds.  A lot has changed since I attended school there .... to say the least.  Then it was back to the FOB (lots of interest when I folded the bike to the size of a small suitcase) and back out to the plane where (as I have already discovered) that V tail makes a great shade spot out of the sun.  Of many many parked planes, they had set up the cooler and chairs at the BAC plane.

IMG_9775a.jpg

Made for another great visit and demo of the tiny folding bike (grabbed a photo at my hangar for ya).

IMG_9767.JPG

Then it was a very smooth (but slow - 35 to 40 mph headwind) back to San Antonio.

Hoping more of you can join in for a South Central fly-in next time!

trumpet nelson

Back