Sunday lunch bunch - Sept 19th - noon - Salida, CO - KANK - stay over?

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
We'll head into town for lunch at noon.  

For those that wish to make this a RON rather that make a round trip in one day, we have plenty of room in our vacation homes for a Saturday night and/or Sunday night stay.  Lots of room .... and coffee!  Weather forecast looks great.

Hope to see some planes arrive.  Please post here if attending.  Some flying tips are attached.

Nelson Amen (trumpet)

210-834-1991

flying-tips-Flight-to-Salida-ANK.doc

A2324pilot said

mdunlevie said

And we enjoyed Nelson's hospitality!  Thanks Nelson!

Amen-River-House.jpg

Nelson is just the best host.  When I was there a few years back along with Trumpet and Marty we had a great time.  And it was soooo much fun and educational to fly into and back out of ANK............

Michael, thanks for the pictures and good company.  The Amen river house is a destination and Nelson is a great host.  Nelson’s history lesson on Garfield, CO is a rich story worth the trip.

Thanks, Denis.

I flew my plane to Salida (KANK) as part of a multi-state itinerary that started at my home base (8T8).

Denis and Katheryn came over in their Sierra from the Liberal lunch trip.

Michael and Anne drove in from their home in Eagle, CO.

For the five of us, we morphed the BAC lunch into a Sunday breakfast at my cabin.  Great coffee and sweet rolls, and that allow Denis to take off at a reasonable time.IMG_6613a.jpg

trumpet nelson

Back