St Patrick's Day at TRUMPET NELSON'S - - BBQ LUNCH !!

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
March 17th - Sunday
Nelson's airport in San Antonio (west side - - - 8T8 )
Fire in the grill - 10:30 am - look for smoke!
Serving - 11:30 to 2:00 pm

Fly in (3000 ft pavement) and enjoy some Texas hospitality at Nelson's hangar. Located about 4 hangars from the south end of the runway and big & blue. Taxi on up and see my Sundowner in pieces (more black duct coming out - geesh) since I still have it open (annual inspection fun). Wooo hooo !! :D

Temperature forecast is mid-60's and partly cloudy. Let's not wait until August!

Attachments

• IMG_3596a_1.jpg
    IMG_3596a_1.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 8T8 looking southa.jpg
    8T8 looking southa.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2145a.jpg
    IMG_2145a.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2148a.jpg
    IMG_2148a.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1960bb.jpg
    IMG_1960bb.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 62
must be file photos

I am jealous - below is what my hanger look like today - plowed the snow yesterday, again!

Yes, it is also a file photo, but snow is snow - the grass sure looks inviting in your photos.

Sorry to say that I will not be there for lunch.

H8 Exterior East Door with snow plowed and JD.jpg

Living along the gulf coast in winter is not the best for flying, not for ice or snow but due to fog 😂.

The last 3-4 weeks in the morning has been 200 ft ceilings and does not lift up till the afternoon...If the weather improves on Saturday , My wife and I are planing to attend...

We are game if we can get in. I'm current and comfortable so we can do an approach into Castroville or Boerne if needed - just need legal and safe VFR under the deck to get over to 8T8.
-=-
Mark

-

Candy may have a conflict but I'll make it either way if we're on. The forecast is good through tomorrow now other than a bit cool - ceilings throughout Central and South Texas are forecast at 10k MSL+ through tomorrow with no rain or fog in the forecast during the day even on the coast.
-=-
Mark

Mark - - hope to see you taxi up to my hangar - - look for smoke! (and the Texas tent, of course)

SIDE NOTE - - - Can you bring along (if appropriate) the aluminum tail spar that I got from Denis at BACfest?? I almost forgot I burdened you all with the return-it-to-Texas freight responsibilities last year (!) :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_7603a_1.jpg
    IMG_7603a_1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7607_1.JPG
    IMG_7607_1.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 23
I will bring the spar...sitting in the truck already so I don’t miss it.
—
Mark

A great day to fly. Mark landed right before serving time (of course!) and 3 of my airport neighbors joined us as well. Yes .... we enjoyed the green grass and the cooler temps. We'll be getting into summer temperatures soon. Last two photos are Mark's departure.

I will plan another fly-in for the South Central team after I get my plane back together and off the jacks. :) I hope others will be able to join in. Be safe.

Attachments

• IMG_8637a_1.jpg
    IMG_8637a_1.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8638a_1.jpg
    IMG_8638a_1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8641a_1.jpg
    IMG_8641a_1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8643a.jpg
    IMG_8643a.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 51
Sorry I couldn't make it!
I was invited to fly with the "TORA" group this weekend (Yes, the airshow TORA TORA TORA) and my wife came in on a red eye flight from San Jose (SJU) so I thought I should be home when she arrived!
Looking forward to the next one!

P.S. If I can figure out how to post pictures/Videos I would love to share the flights!

Back