Saturday February 16 is the Ice Runway

corcoran

Orbiting Earth
First call the recording at 603 875-3498 for ice information.
If the ice is open meet at 11am at Alton Bay NH (B-one-eight).

Go to Emerson Aviation at Laconia (KLCI) if the ice is closed. Also 11am. Self serve fuel.

Incentive: Free tool bag or tool box with a BAC Signal Kit. Lunch on BAC. Beech Bum Tshirt while they last.

147 076.jpg

ammo box Capture.PNG

Tool bag Capture.PNG

Tom Corcoran 781 843-4321

Last edited:
Tom I'm jealous of you guys close by there and able to make this ice runway fly-in, hope all who show up have a great time.

Now it's history.
Conditions were excellent. A little snow on the ice for traction.
Some gusts aloft.

alton bay 2019 Pat and Tom 010.jpg
Our presence on the ice is confirmed

Tom Corcoran with the voice of 603 875-3498 Paul Larochelle .jpg
The man who makes it happen.

alton bay 19 worrall 027.jpg
Watch out for high wings over your head.

Attachments

• John Green a Sierra driver vows to join BAC as soon as he gets back to Pennsylvania. .jpg
    John Green a Sierra driver vows to join BAC as soon as he gets back to Pennsylvania. .jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Thought we might be able to do that locally here.

IMG_1944.jpg
Nah, by 2:00 pm it started to melt. We got over 3 inches at our house. Tonight we will be in the upper 20s.

Attachments

• IMG_1948.jpg
    IMG_1948.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Tom,

Flagstaff is at 7000 ft at the airport and that is lower than the city. They did get hammered yesterday. Set a record there for snowfall in a 24 hour period. We are at 2200 ft and 250 mils South of there. Although we get snow from year to year, it's usually a dusting. This storm probably dumped 5-6 inches locally but as the OAT was 34 - 38 degs and was melting through warmer part of the day, so we got just over 3 inches of accumulation. That only happens about once every 20 years. I'll admit it made for a beautiful scene, until I saw the willow on the ground. Now I need to get out the chain saw. Not what I really wanted to do this winter. Normally this time of the year I'm working on my tan at pool side.

Back