San Antonio - "25 cent Guess Your Weight FLY-IN" - May 19th

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
YOU WILL FIND THIS ON OUR BAC CALENDAR FOR NEXT SATURDAY - APRIL 7TH

[h=2]San Antonio - 25 cents Guess Your Weight FLY-IN[/h]Event TypeBAC Fly-InEvent Location8T8 - San Antonio, TexasPaid or Fee/FreeFree25 CENTS - GUESS YOUR WEIGHT! (and BBQ lunch of course).

Yes - - this used to be 5 cents when you stepped onto the scale. But hey, it is 2018.

Arrive anytime from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Saturday, April 7 , 2018
West side of San Antonio, Texas
San Geronimo Airpark - airport designator 8T8
Weather dependent (of course)
Requirement - a quarter is needed to participate.
Nelson will have a rented set of certified aircraft scales set up in his hangar. We will record your guess (white board for all to see!) and then you will roll your aircraft (with helpers) onto the three-platform electronic scale. The pilot guessing the closest to the aircraft's actual weight wins the box of quarters (and possibly a certificate suitable for framing?). Dude. It will be your choice on how much oil, gas, and other stuff will be in the aircraft when you roll onto the scales. Heck, you can sit in it if you wish. Bring boxes or bags if you really want to unload. But no unloading gasoline or oil or hydraulic fluids (you get the idea) please. Let's keep it simple. The challenge will be your estimating the weight "as-is". And may the odds always be in your favor ....

This is simple - - weight only. NOTHING to do with the "balance" portion of weight-and-balance. But a cool way to see how fat or skinny that mouse has become since birth! Sweet! Hey, maybe we'll have a "fatso award" !

Attachments

• IMG_3596a_1.jpg
    IMG_3596a_1.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6079a_1.jpg
    IMG_6079a_1.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 20
Here's my entry and guess: 2 oz. I'll mail in my mouse, you can return it with my box of quarters.

Rap

Attachments

• 20171220_124219.jpg
    20171220_124219.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 23
I was hoping to be the Regional Director (Northeast) to host the first weighing event.

As usual, Trumpet Nelson has beat me to it. However, on April 16 we fly over the Boston Marathon. On February 10th we landed on a frozen lake in New Hampshire.

These guys in San Antonio will never better us guys from New England (and NJ, PA, NY).
Note: I was once a resident of Post Avenue in San Antonio so I know the local limitations.

Tom Corcoran

I plan to drop by, Nelson. I'm flying commercial into SAT, arriving about noon, so it will be just me climbing on the scales! Looking forward to seeing some fellow BACers!

TB

I was planning to be there, but looks like l will be representing the purchaser of a biz jet on a prebuy inspection and maintenance package for the next month. This will knock me out of this event. I sure wanted to be there, but poor peeps gotta work for a living.

We're planning to make it - pilot, wife and dog if it all sorts out. Weather is a bit up in the air but right now Saturday looks okay.
-=-
Mark

Weather could be better. Right now it says winds NNE at 20 to 30 mph. Cloudy.

I will look at the forecast again tomorrow and let you all know if we need to re-schedule this event. I don't want to weigh anyone's breakfast on the inside of their aircraft ......

Stay posted and we'll make that decision tomorrow afternoon. There will be other opportunities, so let's not push it. The scales are rented at my own airport from a neighbor. Simple.

THIS EVENT WILL BE RE-SCHEDULED FOR A FUTURE DATE.

Way to windy and if the rain on Friday soaks the grass in front of my hangar we'll look like Woodstock.

So - - CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL - - and we'll look for a better day. Shucks ......

MOVED TO MAY 19, 2018 - - - see the BAC calendar. Let's see what happens !! :o

(photo - - 92 lb aft ballast weight)

Attachments

• IMG_6757ab.jpg
    IMG_6757ab.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 38
ONLY 33 DAYS TO GO - - - MARK THAT CALENDAR, DUDE !! :D

Hey - - it's time to join Weight-Watchers or something. Quick, before it's too late! (might try that adv on TV with the 5 free meals .... )

Nelson,

Idk. But i think if you’re the owner/author of the thread I think you can update the title. Maybe we’ll get a few more bites on our bait.

ONLY 33 DAYS TO GO - - - MARK THAT CALENDAR, DUDE !! :D

Hey - - it's time to join Weight-Watchers or something. Quick, before it's too late! (might try that adv on TV with the 5 free meals .... )

Can I bring parts of the plane to weight? I'll step on the scales too... but I might not want to look. Can't commit to being there (with or without a plane) as I don't know what I am doing tomorrow. But it's on my calendar.

I don't know how to change the thread title ...... but I did manage to vote and rated this thread "excellent" ..... :D

Looking for help from the keyboard masters .....

ONLY THREE WEEKS TO GO !! BE THERE !!

SIDE NOTE: The field-of-competition just got reduced by one. I am leaving Colorado without my Sundowner. It is now parked on the ramp at Salida until my return. A great story for you the next time we meet! Not an airplane readiness issue, but a scheduling conflict.

Time to find a shiny quarter and bring it to San Antonio !!! You just KNEW this would cost you something .... :) 12 days to go!

Also - - time for me to collect a lunch head count for the grill supplies, so post here if you plan to attend. Please let me know by May 15th. Thanks.

Easy decision ! ;) Zero participants so I am removing from calendar. We'll try again some other day. Cancelled.

CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL

Sorry all - I'm in Helsinki until Saturday morning so a bit of a ways for me - and my trip home takes me via London, Cork and a few points in between.

I need to post a trip report on the visit with Jerry and Ruth but have barely had time to sleep much less post much.
-=-
Mark

Back