(Possible) KHWV fly-in: Thursday October 27th 9AM-11AM -- Pancake Breakfast!

dbdicker

Flight Levels
Gauging interest for a morning fly-in to sample (literally) the best pancakes in the US (no joke).  Joe has become a friend @Wings Cafe @ Brookhaven Airport (KHWV) and makes truly some killer pancakes - and other foods too.

I've gotten an offer for our club to do a stack of pancakes, 2 eggs (any style), side meat of choice and coffee for $15 -- There is plenty of ramp parking right in front of the terminal and cafe, with lots of additional outdoor space to eat and hang out if the temperatures are warm enough.  I believe the (new) landing fee is $7 -- and it's all automated by the town, so there won't be any waiving of that.  

How many can I count on?  I think it's only worth it if we get at least 5 planes and 8 guys.  Let me know and @corcoran , let me know what I need to do to 'certify' this as a BAC event.  

I'll even go twice around the pattern that AM so I can also be counted for 'flying in' [img title="Laugh" alt="Laugh" /]https://www.beechaeroclub.org/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif[/img]  

WHO WANTS PANCAKES?

BAC Fly-In Policy:

Any member can post a fly-in anywhere. No further approval is needed.

For the event to be sanctioned by BAC and eligible for club support two things are needed:

1) Post the event on the club calendar at least 5 days before the event.

2) Contact the Regional Director for approval

The level of club support varies and is decided by the Regional Director. This may include simple approval so miles flown count toward the annual President's Award. Also, some regions offer humble door prizes for attending. Occasionally the club will provide funding for a group meal at the event.

All Regional Directors can be reached by calling 1-855 WE FLY BEECH 

Back