Moonlite Barbecue (KOWB)-Cancelled-Thunderstorms

bmitchell

Flight Levels
UPDATE 7/25/09.....Thunderstorms and strong, gusting surface winds are moving through central Kentucky at 7am this morning and are forecast for most of the state throughout the day. Moonlite Barbecue (KOWB) will have to wait another day for BACers. Sorry.

Moonlite Barbecue and it's grand buffet await all BACers this coming Saturday (at KOWB, Owensboro, KY). Plan to meet at Mid America FBO (east side of runway 18/36) between 11:30 and noon, Central time. We'll call the van at noon and then it's a short ride to the restaurant. Any questions, call me at 859-707-6039.
Brad Mitchell

Brad.. I will be flying back from NYC on Sat so will not be able to make it. I am wishing for awesome sunny cloud free weather so there will be a great turnout.

Doug

When we all post notes on events like this, it is helpful to everyone if the very basic event info can be included every time. Especially on something like a cellphone, it can be pretty onerous to have to navigate elsewhere for airport identifier, event town and state, times, contacts, and transportation plans. If the originator can remember to post these few sentences into any new Topic thread (where it isn't already contained), it is usually helpful to all.

Of course it is. Try getting to it on half of the dumb 'smart phones' out there, after backing out of the topic thread where you just saw the reminder (which took you two or three minutes to bring up). No problem at all if you are comfortably at home, working on your computer. I'm just suggesting that we again include the very basics in any new Topic thread any of us submit, for our events, so that we don't have to try to navigate elsewhere if we are talking to someone or working in the hangar, when we see the reminder comes up. Not a big deal. Just a thought. I'll try to remember to do it myself.

Thunderstorms and strong, gusting surface winds are moving through central Kentucky at 7am this morning and are forecast for most of the state throughout the day. Moonlite Barbecue (KOWB) will have to wait another day for BACers. Sorry.

Back