MEET IN OKLAHOMA !! Dec 1st (or 2nd) - KOUN 11:00 am - Norman, OK

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
Spread those wings and get a trip in before the Holidays come around .... and we all get very busy.
Enjoy cooler weather flying!

Norman, OK (just south of Oklahoma City)
Ozzie's Diner - on the airport
Meet from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at the restaurant; Free meal from BAC for you ... just for being there!
Saturday - December 1st (weather alternate is Sunday - Dec. 2nd)

So .... mark that calendar NOW, dude.
Nelson Amen - - Southcentral area (and my first trip there)
210-834-1991 cell

Attachments

• IMG_5201a_1.jpg
    IMG_5201a_1.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 22
  • sl - chuteA.JPG
    sl - chuteA.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1501a.jpg
    IMG_1501a.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3737_1.JPG
    IMG_3737_1.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6370a_1.jpg
    IMG_6370a_1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 19
Weather forecast is looking GREAT !! Be there !!

Trumpet Skunkworks show and tell .... :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_7862ab.jpg
    IMG_7862ab.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7278a_1.jpg
    IMG_7278a_1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7815c_1.jpg
    IMG_7815c_1.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 35
Hey Nelson...... you know typically you could count on us to be there. But we have a VERY GOOD reason why we can't make it this weekend. Mark and I are headed back to the east coast to spend several days with Mary and Gary Mascelli. And as a bonus, we will be seeing JP and Andrea and Steve and Sharmalie. Whew hew! Can't wait and counting the days/hours at this point! :D

So, as much as we hate to disappoint you and not show up....... pretty sure you will understand. Hope the fly in has a good turn out for you. Weather looks awesome for flying this weekend.

Fly safe..... I look forward to reading all about it. ;)

Take care,
Candy & Mark

Candy,

Many thanks for the update. You all are the best - - have a safe trip and say high to Gary and Mary for me. What a family we have !!!

Weather is now looking excellent! Hope to see someone there and share mouse stories.

Nelson, I love Ozzie's but as of the 1st I am "in" annual. Seems like until then we have snow dropping up here. Hope you have a get together!

Nelson, I seriously considered borrowing a Mooney to run up there for lunch. Seeing as how I have no Christmas lights up and asked the wife to buy me 50 lawn bags from ACE on her way home tonight I think it may be best to stay put this weekend. Either that or find a way to squeeze a dog house into a Mooney.

Head's Up ...... Head's Up Team !!

There is a good chance I will push this forward a day to Sunday. Winds for tomorrow at KOUN are forecasted at 20 to 30 mph. Sunday looks a lot nicer.

Will make the decision tonight with the fresh forecasts. Nelson Amen 210-834-1991

Moved to SUNDAY LUNCH (DEC. 2ND) - AT KOUN

LET'S GO FOR SUNDAY - - - NOT TOMORROW

Noon forecast is clear for tomorrow at KOUN, but 24 to 33 mph winds from 270. And possible marginal VFR in the early morning.

Sunday is forecasted for more agreeable winds. Noon Sunday is 320 at 9 mph, OVC at 12,000 ft (should be able to slip under that!)

So .... I will officially call the lunch meeting BAC fly-in for this Sunday, Dec. 2nd, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. KOUN, just south of Oklahoma City.

Hope to see you there :)

I will be wheels up from San Antonio about 7:30 am Sunday. Feel free to call Sunday morning (210-8341-1991) from 6:00 am to 7:00 am if needed. Look for the green-on-white Sundowner.

Attachments

• IMG_7702a_1.jpg
    IMG_7702a_1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7846_1.jpg
    IMG_7846_1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 26
I just arrived at 10:40 am. Very smooth air the entire flight .... the airport is nice. Looks like a great tailwind is building for the return home.

This diner is AWESOME !! Definitely worth the 3 hr 20 minutes !!!

Hoping for some arrivals ... but with all-you-can-eat on the breakfast menu, I will be parked here a while with a busy fork ... :D

Well - - turnout was a little skinny yesterday (no BAC arrivals) .... BUT .... this good looking Sierra arrived with 4 aboard and I talked to the owner (Keith). A nice person and hopefully he will join BAC.

The $6.99 all-you-can-eat breakfast was perfect. 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 bacons ..... and then .... "hey,let's do that again" for the waitress ! The waiting line was out the door (Sunday morning, after all), but only about 10 minutes to get a table.

Attachments

• IMG_8003a.jpg
    IMG_8003a.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8004.JPG
    IMG_8004.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8006a.jpg
    IMG_8006a.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 43
Don't despair Nelson - many of us wanted to come. Don't take this one fly-in as an indicator of our resolve. I looked skyward many times yesterday wishing that I was on my way to Oklahoma...

DD

( how often do you hear about people WILLINGLY wishing they were in Oklahoma??? :rolleyes:;):-D )

Been there. Done that Nelson. Your enthusiasm is top flight for the BAC. Thanks for all your efforts.

Ditto on the posts of DD & Mike!!!

I had prior commitments that I wasn’t able to escape, (finishing the roof on my mother in law house). Believe me, I only wish that I had been partying down with you anywhere, even “OKLAHOMA!!!”

Nelson, you’re a great leader for us as SCRD! We are so very grateful for everything you do for us. Thank you!!!

Back