Lunch in TEXAS - Fredericksburg Diner - - T82 - Saturday Nov. 2nd

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
OK - - really known as "Gillespie County" airport for you all not familiar with the radio call sign. AWOS-3 is on 120.0 Then it is 122.7 for all of you fliers. Nice long runway for the big city pilots (and me!).

Let's meet about noon and enjoy a lunch while scoring the many landings and take-offs. Trumpet at noon at the flag pole (of course). I will plan to bring my box of vortex generators for show-and-tell. Hope to get them installed in the cooler months ahead. May even have a new trumpet-skunk-works item to share (but don't tell anyone!).

Diner is on the field, about 80 feet from your mouse parking area. Official BAC time will be 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. Invite a friend and make it a flight of two, or three. We always love critiquing other aircraft. All weather dependent, of course. Simple.

Since we lose an hour the very next day, we might as well do it on a full stomach! :eek: Dude.

Please post your plans and updates here on this thread. Thanks.

Be safe,
Nelson Amen 210-834-1991
South Central Region

Lunch time (or pancakes) this saturday - - - -

Less than 2 days to go !!

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE :D

Attachments

• IMG_6771a_1.jpg
    IMG_6771a_1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 17
Weather is looking good. Fuel price is looking great.

Arrive before noon and hear trumpet nelson play ....... the trumpet !!

from today's fly-in at Fredericksburg, Texas

PERFECT FLYING WEATHER !! :) 4 planes and 7 persons attending.

And wait .... there's more ..... we had four "first timers" for a BAC fly-in event, all coming down from the DFW area:

- - - Please welcome the newlyweds - Jonathan and Ceara Oliver (pronounced "Sierra", just like the plane, don't ya know) flying their Super in from GKY .... and .... - - - also welcome Mike and Sandy Hopkins flying their Musketeer in from GKY

Also arriving from T51 (Houston area) in their Sundowner were Derek and Jennifer Duknic. And then your host, Nelson Amen from San Antonio (8T8).

All in all, a great time sampling the food, watching the planes out the windows, and sharing stories about our planes and the wonderful team that we all call the Beech Aero Club. Oh - - did I mention - - the weather was PERFECT! And - - - I filled up with $4.00 / gal fuel. Sweet!

Enjoy the photos. I even managed to capture 3 of our planes in one shot. Hope to see some more members on November 16th in Oklahoma (see the calendar for details) for pancakes and airplane stories. The cooler temperatures really make a difference inside those cockpits!

Be safe, my friends.
Nelson Amen - - - South Central regional director 210-834-1991

Attachments

• IMG_1032a_1.jpg
    IMG_1032a_1.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1037a_1.jpg
    IMG_1037a_1.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1034a_1.jpg
    IMG_1034a_1.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1039a_1.jpg
    IMG_1039a_1.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 53
Sorry we couldn't make it.....I was however able to fly to the meeting I had to attend. Does that count? Looking forward to making these BAC gatherings soon.

One thing about Nelson is, he always seems to "Toot" his own horn everywhere he goes! LOL......... Love it!

Last edited:
Back