Lunch at Skyline Restaurant - Portsmouth, OH (KPMH) - Saturday November 26, 2016

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
Fly or drive to the Greater Portsmouth Regional Airport (KPMH) and join us at the Skyline Restaurant located on the field for lunch at 11:00am EST. Joe Kirby will host the event. Don't miss this one. This has been a fun event for many years now. That jolly old elf St. Nick arrives at 11:00am. Bring your kids, grandkids, nieces or nephews and have them get their picture with Santa.

https://www.facebook.com/Skyline-Family-Restaurant-Inc-346305094264/

Get your picture taken, too. Just like John..................Ho Ho Ho!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Santa&John.jpg
    Santa&John.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 164
I told my fellow Grumman mafioso's in the AYA about Saturday's shindig in Portsmouth. Hope a few show up to swap stories and learn how to do 'proper' fly-in luncheons like you BAC experts...

Unable to make it . Marty Vanover is repairing my airbox which cracked in 3 places i found on annual plus i needed 2 ailerons rod ends Larry N9152S

I my Sierra wasn't in annual, I'd consider flying in and delivering the air box. I'm sure Larry would reimburse me for the fuel there and back.

Thank you John for setting up this fly-in. It was good to meet you Pete and to see the rest of you again. Found this picture with Santa and the group.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016 Portsmouth fly-in with Santa.jpg
    2016 Portsmouth fly-in with Santa.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 76
A good turn out considering the low ceilings a few encountered on their way to the fly-in. We had Sierra, Sundowner, Cherokee 140, and a Grumman Cheetah on the ramp. Joe Kirby's Sierra was in the hangar since he is based at Portsmouth.

Pictured are: Chris Kirby, Doug Allen, Brad & Laurie Mitchell, Pete Kuhns, John Redmon, Joe Kirby, Daphne Kuhns, and of course Santa Claus.

attachment.php

Brad and Laurie Mitchell arriving in Brad's Sundowner.

attachment.php

Brad Mitchell's Sundowner

attachment.php

Doug Allen arriving in his Cherokee 140

attachment.php

Santa flew in as well. I hear the reindeer were left at the North Pole to rest up for the 24th.

attachment.php

Santa congratulating the pilot for a good and safe flight.

attachment.php

John Redmon's Sierra and Doug Allen's Cherokee 140

attachment.php

Pete Kuhn's Cheetah

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6969.jpg
    IMG_6969.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6952.jpg
    IMG_6952.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6953.jpg
    IMG_6953.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6954.jpg
    IMG_6954.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6955.jpg
    IMG_6955.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6961.jpg
    IMG_6961.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6962.jpg
    IMG_6962.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6965.jpg
    IMG_6965.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 50
Sorry I missed you guys. Rebecca and I were in the Ripley OH area spending the holiday with her family. We were driving down the AA Saturday morning returning to Florida. (I knew we should have delayed our departure...)

Thanks for posting the pictures, John. This is such a great event for the kids. Portsmouth does this every year and BAC has participated in at least a half dozen or more years. About 20 or so kids were lined up against the fence as our BAC planes taxied to the ramp, hoping one of us was transporting the jolly old elf! There were probably 60-75 kids who waited in line to talk to Santa, then he was gracious enough to listen to the big kids, too.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Santa 2016.jpg
    Santa 2016.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 33
Huge thanks for hosting this BAC fly-in. Hadn't been to Portsmouth KPMH before - what a great airport. As we approached KPMH, my daughter said "when I get home I'm going to get on Google Earth and walk all over these mountains!"

Look forward to seeing everyone at Sporty's in December (mama nature willing...)

Back