Ice Cream Social at AirVenture Oshkosh - Oshkosh, WI (KOSH) - Monday - July 24, 2023

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
Join us for our annual ice cream social meet and greet to kick off the start of AirVenture 2023. We will meet on the North side in front of the Vintage Aircraft Association’s Red Barn at 1:00pm CDT. About 1:30pm CDT after exchanging pleasantries we will walk over to one the A&W Root Beer stands. This one is located along the flight line. It is listed as A&W – Classic Concession (L-12). They serve ice cream cones or if you prefer in a dish.  It worked out well for us the last couple of years.  Please reply to this thread if you are planning to attend so we will be on the lookout for you.  Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Attending

Les Gawlik (1)

Trug Chappell (2)

Kamal Gautam (2)

Bob Prange (1)

Aaron Mosher (2)

John Foster (2)

Chris Ott (2)

Nelson Amen (1)

Greg Johnson (2)

Michael Dunlevie (2)

Peter Schirrmeister and Rich (2)

Donel Davis (1)

Roy Whisenant and Lourdes (2)

If I make it to OshKosh (avionics upgrade taking longer than expected and the trip is at risk now), I'll be there with a guest.  

I plan to attend.

This is my first OSH.  Arriving on Friday, July 21st.  Might drive (Camp Scholler) or fly (North 40 ?? )

Send "tips for newbies" to nelson.p.amen@gmail.com

trumpet

Brian Rodgers said
Having trouble finding the location and time

Brian, here is the information from the first post.    

Join us for our annual ice cream social meet and greet to kick off the start of AirVenture 2023. We will meet on the North side in front of the Vintage Aircraft Association’s Red Barn at 1:00pm CDT. About 1:30pm CDT after exchanging pleasantries we will walk over to one the A&W Root Beer stands. This one is located along the flight line. It is listed as A&W – Classic Concession (L-12). They serve ice cream cones or if you prefer in a dish.  It worked out well for us the last couple of years.  Please reply to this thread if you are planning to attend so we will be on the lookout for you.  Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Lourdes and I will be driving in and will plan to attend. This is our first time to Oshkosh and looking forward to it. 

Roy

Looking good fellas! Hope everyone has a great time at the Ice Cream Social and Meet n Greet today!

We had great turn out today for the opening day of EAA AirVenture Oshkosh.  We had 21 attendees.  Looking over my list I am missing someone. The attendees don't match the cones and dishes of ice cream for some reason.  And that is counting the one attendee that did not have ice cream.  I think I know who and I will be reaching out to them.  In the meantime, if you or a guest was in attendance, and I missed them.  Please shoot me a PM and I will get them added.  

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Thursday at 12:00 noon CDT for the BAC picnic.  

In attendance were:

Les Gawlik, Andrew Prange, Aaron and Julie Mosher, John and Robert Foster, Ken Fayal, Nelson Amen, Greg, Michael, and Whitley Johnson, Michael Dunlevie, Paul Warren, Peter Schirrmeister, Richard Pittet, Donel Davis, Warren, Melissa, and Tanner Smith, Brian Rodgers, John Redmon

Michael Whitley are two people.  Michael Johnson and Whitley Johnson, my son and oldest grandson.  I had the best Oshkosh ever with their attendance with me for the first time.  Great memories.

Back