Ice Cream Social at AirVenture Oshkosh - Oshkosh, WI (KOSH) - Monday - July 22, 2024

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
Join us for our annual ice cream social meet and greet to kick off the start of AirVenture 2024. We will meet on the North side of the Vintage Aircraft Association’s Red Barn at 1:00pm CDT. About 1:30pm CDT after exchanging pleasantries we will walk over to one the A&W Root Beer stands. This one is located along the flight line. It is listed as A&W – Classic Concession (L-12). They serve ice cream cones or if you prefer in a dish. It worked out well for us the last few years. Please reply to this thread if you are planning to attend so we will be on the lookout for you. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Aaron Mosher (4)
Nick & Jeanette Boland (2)
J Jones (1)
John Foster (2)
Les Gawlik (1)
Nelson Amen (1)
Larry Gurgainous (1)
Greg Johnson (3)
Michael Dunlevie (2)
Bob & Andrew Prange (2)
Marty Vanover (2)
Donald Martin (2)

Last edited:
I plan to be there;m, bringing my family along this time so me plus 3 (I don’t remember how group payment worked last time, but we can get our own ice cream paid separately since I’m bringing a family with me).

Join us for our annual ice cream social meet and greet to kick off the start of AirVenture 2024. We will meet on the North side of the Vintage Aircraft Association’s Red Barn at 1:00pm CDT. About 1:30pm CDT after exchanging pleasantries we will walk over to one the A&W Root Beer stands. This one is located along the flight line. It is listed as A&W – Classic Concession (L-12). They serve ice cream cones or if you prefer in a dish. It worked out well for us the last few years. Please reply to this thread if you are planning to attend so we will be on the lookout for you. Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Plan to attend for two

Looking to be a good turnout for the ice cream social. I will be asking whether you want a cone or a dish of ice cream when I see you tomorrow. See you all soon.

What a great turn out! New record for the Ice Cream Social 31 attendees. It was nice meeting you all. I had a chance to talk and visit with many of the members and guests. New prospective member Brian Politte and his wife Terri. It was very nice to visit and talk to both of you.

In attendance: Don and Marlene Martin, Nick and Jeanette Boland, John Foster, Benjamin O'Keefe, Greg, Whitley, Gabriel, and Michael Johnson, Les Gawlik, J Jones, Bob and Andrew Prange, Barry and Ann Toole, Kelly and Carrie Jones, Larry Gurgainous, Brian and Terri Politte, Marty Vanover, Kevin Eaton, Michael Dunlevie, Paul Warren, Aaron, Beth, Julie, and Abigail Moser, James Mayhew, John Redmon

Sounds like a lot of ice cream! Thank you, John Redmon, for your years of leadership in the Beech Aero Club. And thanks to all the attendees. Keep it safe.

Thanks Dan.

For the record it was almost a tie this year. 15 cones and 13 dishes of ice cream. This year though the dish was actually a cup of ice cream. I think you actually got more with the cup than a cone. It was a pretty large cup. I may have to switch next year.

Back