Hangar 5 Restaurant – Columbus, Indiana (KBAK) – Saturday – May 27, 2023

We had great weather for the fly-in today. Matter of fact the weather has been very pleasant for a while now in central Indiana.  We had eight attendees today, five members and three guests.  We had four aircraft on the field today. Two Sierras, one Sundowner, and one Citabria. Nick Boland's Sierra is needing some maintenance, so he flew with a friend of his in the Citabria. Steve and Colleen Barlow, Rob and Elida Lyall flew in from Ashland County(3G4) which is near Mansfield, OH. The rest of us were from central Indiana. Arriving at Columbus (KBAK) was interesting for me today. I didn't realize at the time it was Nick in the Citabria. The Citabria was ahead of me in the pattern and I was number two to land. After turning final I was instructed by the tower to slow down as much as possible for the Citabria. As I was nearing the runway the tower then instructed me to hold off touching down and stay above the runway. Once the Citabria cleared the runway I was then allowed to touchdown. We discussed at lunch BACFest 2023, upcoming fly-ins, and the Solar Eclipse 2024. I enjoyed seeing everyone today.  Next fly-in will be at JP's Barbecue Bolton Field (KTZR).     

For some reason I am having difficulties uploading pictures today.  I have not had any issues before.  Even after resizing thinking that would take care of it.  I still can't get them to upload.  I will try again later.  If I can get the pictures to upload you will see:  Steve and Colleen Barlow, Brian Rodgers, Allan Grabeman, Nick Boland, Elida and Rob Lyall. 

Back