Fly In or Drive in BBQ at - Saturday August 29th

mdunlevie

Around The Moon
BJC is the airport that hosted BAC Fest 2019, easy to get to.

30R_BJC_1468335027.jpeg

Shut down and park at the terminal building with a short walk mere feet to the BBQ in the terminal building courtyard. The event is going to be catered by Blue Sky Bistro! $23/person.

Enjoy the summer evening BBQ supper and conversation with your CPA friends from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. This event is a CPA event and they have always invited us to join in.

https://coloradopilots.org/content.aspx?page_id=4002&club_id=612720&item_id=1174434

My plan is to spend the evening locally and fly home in the cool morning air. Registration page says tie downs are free for this event!

Last edited:
Sounds good and I will plan to fly-in from Salida. Michael, let me know if you all have a particular hotel in mind ... hopefully with free breakfast! We can share bo stories.

Nelson Amen

We have not booked yet, so thoughts for a group:

The Townplace Suites Boulder Broomfield is nearby and looks to have rooms in the mid $90's.

The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Broomfield is another one, same distance, also in the mid $90's.

I don't think the hotels are doing food service right now, but we can find breakfast nearby...

BBQ and fall colors - - - GREAT !!

CPA EVENT Registration mailed today - - - - one day before the deadline. Since I will be in Garfield at KANK (Salida), I will be able to drive if needed. So .... you will see my smiling face there, hoping for some good BBQ and a great overnight in Colorado. Just let me know when you have selected a hotel and I will grab a room. Thanks for posting.

..... (and looking forward to the fall colors)... Or maybe ..... I should stay in San Antonio where high's are well over 100 right now .... mmmmm .... lemme think just a moment .....

p.s. - - - free coffee and meals at my vacation home if anyone wants to grab a bedroom while I am there... (about Aug 24 to Sept 4th). See my post in the classifieds.

Nelson Amen
210-834-1991

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2790.jpg
    IMG_2790.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 16
Linda and I were hoping to attend this event, but high school volleyball will start that weekend. There is a home triangular at our granddaughter's school. We are disappointed, but grand kids activities have always been a priority.

Nelson, I would love to join you again having a coffee on your porch - but no chance this year... instead we will enjoy the Baltic Sea.

Fortunes did not smile on this fly in. As things turned out Anne and I were the Colorado Pilots Assn. event. Weather was cooler as a rather nice rain storm passed over from the west, very welcome to help out with the fires we've been having. We will try again on another date to see if we can get some of the BAC family together.

Back