Fly-In Ocracoke, NC (10/21)

GMascelli

Orbiting Earth
Fly-In W95 - Ocracoke, NC

W95 - Ocracoke Island Airport - Ocracoke, NC

Mid-Atlantic Region welcomes all BAC members!!

As we struggle to hold on to the last good temps of summer, what better way to enjoy some sun then visiting the Outter Banks.

The Fly-in is scheduled for October 21st at NOON. There will be a free shuttle to our lunch location, Howards Pub. Good eats and good service. The pub will shuttle people back to the airport.

If you want to explore the island I have confirmed with Ocracoke Golf Carts that they will be open from 10-3 and can pick anyone up at Howards to shuttle to their office for a rental. A four passenger cart is $35 for two hours and $45 for three hours.

The local specialty and gift shops will be open for business.

The Ocracoke Preservation Society (OPS) museum, a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving Ocracoke Island's rich historical and cultural heritage will also be open for anyone to explore.

Please confirm with an email to GMascelli@gmail.com
My cell - 302 545-5314

Last edited:
I just wanted to remind everyone that the weather is looking great to fly the mid-Atlantic this weekend. Come join us at Howards Pub in Ocracoke, North Carolina.

For more info check out the original post here or the event calendar.

Please confirm with an email to GMascelli@gmail.com
My cell - 302 545-5314

I plan to be there. Hopefully I won't have any fog in the morning that delays me so I can make it at noon. See ya there.

attachment.php
attachment.php

4 mice on the ramp at W95, Ocracoke Island.

Pictured left to right, Jeff Barker, Mike Koening, Gary & Mary Mascelli and Dan Poitras.

A beautiful day to fly in the mid- Atlantic region!

Attachments

• IMG_5967.jpg
    IMG_5967.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5966.jpg
    IMG_5966.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 83
Excellent day at Ocracoke! Even though my ADS/B out was still acting up. With a day like this, I can turn off my Mode C (and then just listen to RDU ask some jet how high I am. :))

Don,

Nice to meet you today. Sorry we couldn't do the town tour, mary is feeling better, she slept all the way home. I hope you get the ADS-B squared away. You have a beautiful musketeer!

Attachments

• IMG_5970.jpg
    IMG_5970.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
great to meet everyone today. I'm glad Mary is feeling better. Also worked out good that we didn't make it to the town tour as I got home at 5:30 with my fuel stop on the way home. Fuel was $4.05 a gallon where I stopped. Gary, thanks for organizing the event today. Had a great time.

Cool. Anyone have a inflight video?
Cheers, James

I'll have my videos and flight journal blog updated and posted sometime Sunday morning. Mary and I made a stop at Accomack for fuel just for an extra safety factor, and to stretch our legs. We got home to our zoo around 5pm, just in time for feeding.

great to meet everyone today. I'm glad Mary is feeling better. Also worked out good that we didn't make it to the town tour as I got home at 5:30 with my fuel stop on the way home. Fuel was $4.05 a gallon where I stopped. Gary, thanks for organizing the event today. Had a great time.

Mike,

Very nice to meet up, glad you made the flight. We enjoyed a smooth ride home on flight following, with a tailwind. Paving wasn't completed so 08Romeo is still on the ramp. I hope we get back in the hangar Monday, I need to schedule a wash and wax! :)

Now _there's_ the flattering picture I was hoping for! :) Glad Mary is feeling better, I just hope it wasn't the burger I recommended that caused the trouble. Thanks for organizing the get-together. I did my normal walk into town afterwards and got some ice cream. My new Stratus ESG was mostly showing a descent when I was climbing, but at one point showed me almost at flight levels.

Attachments

• IMG_0921.jpg
    IMG_0921.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 32
It was great to meet everyone yesterday at W95 Ocracoke, and thanks for lunch Gary. Got back to GSP around
4:30 with a fuel stop at ILM. Look forward to more fly-ins

Thanks again,
Jeff Barker

Gary,
Nice video's, what camera are you using?
Also, on your return flight it sounded like Cherry Point kept calling you 78R ?

Dave

Gary,
Nice video's, what camera are you using?
Also, on your return flight it sounded like Cherry Point kept calling you 78R ? Dave

Dave,

Thanks!

I use the Garmin VIRB XE. Only complaint is poor battery run time. I disabled the Bluetooth and the wifi, that seemed to extend some life.

I'm used to approach screwing up my tail number, it happens often. I just keep correcting and they eventually get it, or ask for the full call again.

Back