Cracker Fly-in, 8 July, Gainesville, GA, Lee Gilmer Memorial Airport (KGVL)

cbooton

Climbing to Cruise
Below looks like a great time. I plan on showing weather permitting. Anybody like to honcho this? Let me know, 850-496-6912.

EAA 611 announces the 48th Annual Cracker Fly-In Sat, July 8, 2017 Gainesville, Georgia at the Lee Gilmer Memorial Airport (KGVL) from 7am till 3pm. Over 150 aircraft expected from all over the Southeast. Pancakes @ 07:30 lunch @ 11:00. Runway 5/23 Open all Day (No airshows). Warbird Rides, Huey & Cobra Helicopter Rides. Kids Play Area w/ games, activities, snow cones, and more. Fun for all. Visit www.crackerflyin.com for info. $5 donation per walk-ins. Kids 12 and under free, Fly-Ins free.

Charlie
I live 20 mins and 10 min flt away
Steffi and I plan on going so keep I touch later in the week with me
305-986-5672
fred

Guys I'd really like to be hanging out with you, but am scheduled to attend a memorial service in Knoxville that day weather permitting. Charter member of Beechtalk and all around great guy Max Grogan passed away several weeks ago.

Peace,
Don

I plan on arriving about 10 o'clock Saturday 8 July weather permitting. Make sure you check the NOTAMS (just Google Cracker Fly-in 2017) about arrival and departure procedures. It's pretty straightforward and it is an uncontrolled airfield. They should have marshallers to help you park after your arrival and provide guidance out of your parking space prior to your departure. Keep your head on a swivel as airplanes are constantly arriving and departing. Looks like a lot of fun...warbirds, rides and attractions. Admission should be free for fly-ins.

So far looks like about a 40% chance of thunderstorms in Gainesville Georgia this weekend... about 60% coming from my direction in the Florida Panhandle.

Charlie
No going to fly in since I live very close to GVL
Call me when you land I should be walking around
Fred 305-986-5672
Fly safe. Should be nice day here ! HOT!!!!!

Charlie
No going to fly in since I live very close to GVL
Call me when you land I should be walking around
Fred 305-986-5672
Fly safe. Should be nice day here ! HOT!!!!!

Wilco... Have you heard of anybody else is interested in flying in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If any BAC members plan on attending, please call me at 850-496-6912 and we'll try to get together for a BAC-funded lunch. If I'm not able to show, call me anyway so you can get credit (PT points) for attending.

Fred Culleton should be there also and you can call him at 305-986-5672. Fred, if you get folks together for lunch, keep the receipts and we'll get you reimbursed.

Let's hope for good weather...fly and drive safely!

Charley Booton, SE Director, Sierra, N9143S

Back