Bonnie Cafe - Mt. Vernon, IL (KMVN) - Saturday - September 2, 2023

Just got back from the KMVN Flyin and it was Great, Here are a few images!

ASZ_0006.JPG

N2006U Just arriving

ASZ_0017.JPG

N7679R

WSZ1398.JPG

N9369S - Curt Heading Out!

WSZ1420.JPG

WSZ1440.JPG

N9369S - Curt Heading Out!

WSZ1462.JPG

N2009U

WSZ1493.JPG

WSZ1532.JPG

N9355S

WSZ1587-1.JPG

John Redmon

Thanks everyone... Had a Great time... This was my First, But it won't be the last!

What a turn out on Saturday!  We had five aircraft on the field and 10 attendees.  I was not expecting such a good showing.  Weather was cooperating which helped.  I met two of our members for the first time.  Michael Smith who lives in Paducah, KY but his plane is based at M30 which is in Metropolis, IL.  John Campbell who drove in since his Sierra is still at the avionics shop.  He is from St. Charles, MO.  He is expecting his plane to be done by mid-September.  Three regions were represented, with Mt. Vernon being a boarder airport.  We had attendees from the East Central, Southeast, and North Central Regions.  Curt Lindauer, our host introduced me to the airport manager.  He was happy to see us there and welcomed us back any time.  Curt was right about the Mt. Vernon airport and the restaurant.  It is one of the best if not the best airport restaurants that I have ever been to.  The airport with the two crossing runways and large ramp area.  Make it a very nice place to land.  The Bonnie Café has a buffet breakfast and lunch or if you prefer you can order from the menu.  I would recommend the buffet.  They were switching over to lunch after our arrival.  Next time I may move up the fly-in an hour to catch breakfast.  That’s right, we will be having a fly-in at Mt. Vernon next year for sure.  BACFest 2023 and Beech party were discussed while we were eating.  John and Michael, it was nice meeting you for the first time.  I thank all of the attendees for making this a successful fly-in and I'm looking forward to seeing you at a future fly-in.

Pictured are:  John Campbell, Michael Smith, Curt and Jane Lindauer, Tanner, Melissa, and Warren Smith, Dan Rothe, and Nina Rossini.

View attachment IMG_2145.JPG

Second group shot.

View attachment IMG_2148.JPG

Curt and Jane Lindauer arriving.

View attachment IMG_2125.JPG

Dan Rothe and Nina Rossini arriving.

View attachment IMG_2131.JPG

Warren, Melissa, and Tanner Smith arriving.

View attachment IMG_2137.JPG

Everyone gathered and ready to eat.

View attachment IMG_2139.JPG

Aircraft lineup, three Sierras, one Super, and one Sundowner.

View attachment IMG_2141.JPG

One more.  

View attachment IMG_2143.JPG

Back