BBQ lunch - Grove, Oklahoma - KGMJ - Saturday, March 21st - noon

trumpet nelson

Around The Moon
Welcome to the northeast corner of Oklahoma and the wonderful town of Grove. Park in front of their new airport building (in photo, where someone parked that little puddle-jumper in front of my Sundowner) and we'll grab a crew car and head over to the fantastic Honey Creek BBQ restaurant for lunch. Arrive by noon and we'll plan to be driving at 12:15 pm. Simple.

Gas is available at the airport (although my last trip there I needed to use full service since the SS pump computer was on the fritz) But happy to support those brand new facilities.

Airport for Grove, OK - - - KGMJ (careful, there are others close by)
Saturday, March 21, 2020
noon
Free lunch!
Weather dependent, of course ....

Alternate rain date - Sunday, March 22nd

Side note - - my kinda BBQ place - - - they have a gun rack behind the counter with a sign "We Don't Call 911"

Attachments

• IMG_1149a.jpg
    IMG_1149a.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 37
change of meeting time for lunch - - now 2:00 PM - CHANGE CHANGE

All,

I decided to let our morning alarm clocks be a little friendlier for those traveling a few extra miles (aka - - moi).

So, let's land by 2:00 pm and then head over to Honey Creek. See you then! Free food !!

Rain date will continue to be the next day (Sunday) at 2:00 pm as well.

UPDATE - - - 10 DAYS TO GO !!!

Weather forecast for both Saturday and Sunday looks less than ideal at this time:
- temperatures in the high 50's
- winds out of the north about 7 to 10 mph
- BUT - - 40% chance of rain and thunderstorms

Stay tuned here and we'll see how this may pan out. Anybody in ?

Still hopeful (but a very conservative flyer),
Nelson Amen
210-834-1991

I'm on the fence for attending. I am flying down there two weeks later to go spoonbill fishing, so not sure I really need to burn the fuel twice but I would love to meet up!

Side note: 3O9 (~5 miles west) looks like a really cool spot to land.

You may want to call the restaurant and check to see what their status is. Some restaurants around my town have closed their dining rooms due to the 10 person rule. Rules could change again in a few days.

Fly-in Cancelled

CANCEL .... CANCEL ... CANCEL

No reason for any of us to fly somewhere, only to find closed doors and shut down facilities. The word "volatile situation" is just a starting point for us airplane drivers descending into who-knows-what at any remote airport. Geesh ... the next thing you know we'll have panic in the stock markets ... ohhh .... :eek:

So, grab a coffee and a bowl of Captn' Crunch at home ... and visit with your family instead. Simple!

Staying around my home airport (plenty of projects!) for now,
Nelson

Attachments

• 9b46a6d0-c5d5-43ea-83cb-89eba3b52ffe.jpg
    9b46a6d0-c5d5-43ea-83cb-89eba3b52ffe.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0429a.jpg
    IMG_0429a.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 8T8 looking northa.jpg
    8T8 looking northa.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 26