BACFest 2025

HEHaag

Climbing to Cruise
BACFest 2025 will be held September 17 to 21, 2025 at Lock Haven, PA (KLHV). There is free tie down space for planes and self-contained camping in the field on the far side of the runway. A block of 15 queen and 15 double queen rooms are reserved at the Best Western hotel at a rate of $129 plus tax per night (pets $12 more). Phone (570) 748-3297 and ask for "BACFest" rate. A social room is reserved there for us and the general membership meeting on Saturday. A tentative agenda is Thursday local touring and visitation of aviation businesses on the field, possible clinic, a social dinner off site, and socialization later in the evening at the hotel. For Friday a flyout to Williamsport (KIPT) for a tour of Penn State's aviation college and then a tour of Lycoming Engines (Security is strict here and a copy of your photo drivers license must be submitted by Sept. 10.) , then lunch and fly to Penn's Cave (N74) for a tour. Non-fliers will visit Penn State's Arboretum, Palmer Art Museum, etc., lunch and then meet up at Penn's Cave for the tour. The evening is left open for your choice of dinner, bar hopping, and socialization. Saturday will have the general meeting at the hotel, and late afternoon travel to the Piper airplane museum for touring, dinner, awards, and small program, and conclude at the hotel social room. Sunday for those who want something other than the Continental breakfast at the hotel can go to Sentimental Journey's pancake flyin at the airport. Some people have suggested some additional events. If you have suggestions or questions contact me at HEHaag at BAC, phone (814) 553-1205, or email direct at hhaag@verizon.net

Harvey, You've filled BF25 with lots of events. Too bad we have to wait a whole year. Central Pennsylvania offers lots of things to do and see and we'll make all that part of BF25.

All being well, expect the Redcoats to be there to enjoy a promising programme (vice program). I will try to see if I can offer an option to allow Hershey’s products to be compared with a competitor from England. Too early yet to suggest this is possible, haven’t yet left to go back across the Pond after BACFEST 2024. Look forward to seeing you all in 2025.

Drift: If you do the side trip to Hershey be sure to pay extra for the "Tasting Room". They'll tell you all about how cocoa beans that are grown in different regions of the world affect the taste and you'll get samples of each. Good way to become a chocolate snob.
In fact if anyone does do a side trip to Hershey, Robin & I will probably join you. Also we can tell you how to get to the Lindor Factory Outlet shop in Carlisle, PA. We know it well from many past visits where they remove $100 or more from my Visa account..

And Joe, that is a beauty!

I had the pleasure of peeking in on it now and then, when it was a work in progress. Did you show everyone what is on the belly?

Thanks for the use of the hangar.

Very nice! I will go to Hersey again for about the 10th time. Drinks at the Hersey hotel are usually a treat. There used to be an airport right in front of the hotel, down the hill. It was nice to fly in for a weekend.

Very nice! I will go to Hersey again for about the 10th time. Drinks at the Hersey hotel are usually a treat. There used to be an airport right in front of the hotel, down the hill. It was nice to fly in for a weekend.
Sadly that airport is gone. 58N Reigle field is close by and while it is on the shorter side, it is musketeer capable.

Back