BAC Tenth Anniversary Extravaganza

Clinderman

Around The Moon
CELEBRATE BAC's TENTH ANNIVERSARY !!!

BAC's tenth anniversary is July 4th, 2014 and while that is an auspicious date for BAC it is also a date of greater magnitude so we shall celebrate a week later in Wichita, Kansas. The Tenth Anniversary Celebration will begin July 10th at the Wichita Marriott and conclude Sunday, July 13, 2014.

The big celebration will begin Friday the 11th with a private tour of Beechcraft's brand new, state-of-art Plant 4 factory. We will be guided in small groups through the plant by factory experts the morning of July 11th. We will get to see actual aircraft production!

That evening, we will convene in the banquet hall at the Marriott for an evening of camaraderie, celebration and feasting. There will be a private bar, lovely dinner, party favors, confetti, birthday cake and a champagne toast to BAC and the members!

Saturday there will be some recommended activities including a fly-out to a nearby fun airport for lunch and a day of "hangar talk." Dinner will be self-directed or members may depart if they wish/must. Sunday will be the official day of departure.

All of details have not been finalized and this posting will be updated as things come together. We have gotten some concession on the room rates and will make all of that information available to you as we move forward.

The host airport will be Col. James Jabara Airport (KAAO) just north of the hotel and Beechcraft. You can get more details on the airport here: Jabara Airport Information

And, in case you are interested, you can read about American hero, Col. James Jabara here:
Col. James Jabara

So, mark your calendars and plan to join us for the BIG celebration. If you have any questions, contact Brad Mitchell, Chris Linderman or Cloyd Van Hook.

Last edited:
Chris,
If there are some of us who, due to distance, can not get to Wichita will you authorize a Fly Your Beech Day as part of your celebration?
I think we got 17 in the air in one day in May, then more than that at First Flight in September.
Tom Corcoran

Chris,
If there are some of us who, due to distance, can not get to Wichita will you authorize a Fly Your Beech Day as part of your celebration?
I think we got 17 in the air in one day in May, then more than that at First Flight in September.
Tom Corcoran

Tom, will you supply the T-shirts?

Chris, Brad, Cloyd,

Thank you all for putting this together. What a great idea. We
have it on the calandar. This could be the best.
Dave S.

Thanks,
Dave S.

Last edited:
That's only 760 nm from me. I might do that as my brother lives there. Wichita will only be 99 degs in July, much better than the ~105 degs here. It should be balmy! Can't wait! I do hope the champagne isn't something like Korbel. It's really not champagne, champagne comes from France. However there are some very impressive sparkling wine that come from different regions. I was impressed with "Yellowglen" in Australia and "Pomar" in Venezuela. Unfortunately, America is not one of those regions. If I could recommend a champagne, it would be Laurent Perrier. Relatively inexpensive and good quality. I usually keep a couple bottles in the wine cellar 'cause you never know when a party will break out.

OK, I'll bring a few bottles for the event. If a few others will, we could have a real party!

And you are staying up waaay too late.

Marty, we picked Wichita in July so you could cool off. BAC's Tenth Birthday and the Beech factory were secondary considerations.

Cloyd,

You guys are the most! Very considerate of you to be thinking of me being miserable in Arizona in July. It will be so good to be some place in double digits, even for just a few days.

Brad in Hawaii? What a great place to $pend some time!

I just got confirmation today from the Beechcraft PR department. The factory tour is confirmed for Friday, July 11, 2014 starting at 9:00 AM. I will pass along additional information as it becomes available.

Plans for the Tenth Anniversary Extravaganza are progressing.

It appears we'll have a room rate at the Marriott right around $100 and the current renovation will be complete in time for the Extravaganza.

Mark your calendars now for July 10-13, 2014 in Wichita.

The Kansas State TV Network today telecast a news conference this morning with an airport official. The plane was already turned around by a tug. A larger tug will tow it to the opposite end of the runway for departure. Two pilots are being flown from New York to fly it out of there. The plane is scheduled to depart at noon CST today. Atlas Airlines officials have told them that although there is freight on board yet, that nothing will have to be off loaded before it leaves. The run way is long enough (or so they say). The airport will be closed until the runway is inspected for damage after the plane leaves. So far, inspections have not demonstrated any.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for July to come. I tried to get to the last two events but had to work. I took vacation days for this one. It'll be the longest I've ever flown in a single engine airplane, all the way from Rochester New York. They don't get hail in Wichita in July do they?

Pat

Back