BAC TAC Wichita Photos

bmitchell

Flight Levels
Here's a new forum for posting additional photos from Wichita. The 21 members, spouses and guests that made it to BAC TAC:
Ann Mitchell, Brad Mitchell, Jane Singleton, Dave Singleton, Linda Nielsen, Mike Nielsen, Penny Olsen, Don Olsen, Jared Sprole, Mike Ferguson, David Leedom, Steve Powers, John Redmon, Bob Schmidt, Dave Stevens, Gary Kotrous, Tim Vangundy, Marty Vanover, Mark Weiss, John Pater and Dave Buttram.
DSCN1192.jpgDSCN1196.jpgDSCN1201.jpgDSCN1204.jpgDSCN1202.jpgDSCN1213.jpgDSCN1214.jpgDSCN1215.jpgDSCN1218.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1207.jpg
    DSCN1207.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I want to see the pics of the factory tour..especially the pictures of the warehouse with miles of baby Beech parts, stacked much like the last scene from Citizen Kane, or Raiders of the lost Ark!!..Miles and miles of parts, jigs and unfinished airframes....Go on..They must have shown you guys that part of the factory...
Or am I just dreaming?

Mark II from Oz..

Excellent!! Thanks for sharing the event with photos (even though I REALLY wanted to make it!) Well .... the good news is that we are back at home after driving to Montana for my son's wedding last week. One of these days I will meet another mouse ...

Nelson (San Antonio)

Attachments

• IMG_5365.jpg
    IMG_5365.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 58
Okay Nelson,
You have way too many toys in that hangar. Did I count correctly, is that a power boat, a sail boat, a motorcycle, and an airplane............................

Rick

10th Anniversary

It was very nice to meet the 10th Anniversary attendees. Being new to the club I was disappointed that I didn't have to fly in to my first fly-in. It was nice to have you all here in Wichita. I wanted to fly into KBEC so I could fly somewhere that weekend. The seven minute flight was quick! The factory tour was great and comradery even better.

Here are pictures of all the aircraft attending, at least I think I got all of them. Mike Nielson and I share the same paint scheme on our 1976 Sierras so we posed them together at my home base, Stearman Field, 1K1.

282G.jpg659IA.jpg793IL.jpg2161W.jpg2393L.jpg7994L.jpg65128.jpgI1976W.jpg9162Sand1942L-Front.jpg9162Sand1942L-Rear.jpg

From the Beech Factory tour, courtesy of Dave Singleton............
Beech Factory.jpg
Pictured from left to right: Mike Ferguson, Brad Mitchell, Mark Weiss, Steve Powers, John Redmon, Jane Singleton, Dave Singleton, Marty Vanover, Mike Nielsen, Linda Nielsen, Tim Vangundy, Dave Stevens and Jared Sprole.

Missing from the photo were David Leedom, Don Olsen, Penny Olsen, John Pater and Gary Kotrous

Last edited:
Thanks for posting so many photos - - the planes look great! And happy to see the smiling crowd behind the banner. Sweet!

Too many toys ... maybe. My wife's comment after visiting the hangar one day ..... "we're ok - - - - as long as I go first!" :)

Keep smiling, my friends,
Nelson

Attachments

• IMG_0662a.jpg
    IMG_0662a.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 35
uhesu8u6.jpg

From my camera.

yty6apep.jpg

I'm in this one. Needed my hat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here are pictures of the t-shirts that I gave to those who attended BAC Tac. The pictures don't show colors very well, but the shirts are a light blue.
2014, July 1 051.jpg2014, July 1 050.jpg

Yeah - little logo on the front - big one on the back - just the way I like them as well - nice job !!!

Regards,
Scott

I have a color copy, I kind of like it...

Attachments

• 20140701NorthCentral_02.jpg
    20140701NorthCentral_02.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20140701NorthCentral_01.jpg
    20140701NorthCentral_01.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 19
The factory tour was very interesting. They hinted at a new prototype piston at OSH this year, I'm guessing a diesel or Lycoming powered variant of the Bonanza or Baron...

Wierdest thing was seeing them DISassemble brand new Beechjets for future parts support, what a waste...

but the best part was the great time I had meeting and getting to know the other members. I would have gone to Stearman field on Sat as well but went back to Fort Collins to a fly-in there and listened to Mark Baker, AOPA pres speak. Not sure it was anything I hadn't read before, I'm guessing Stearman was more fun. Well worth the trip to Wichita! Thanks very much to all of you who contributed to organizing and coordinating the event.

Mike Ferguson
N7931L, Super III

Back