AOPA Fly-in Tullahoma, TN, KTHA, 13-14 Sep 2019

cbooton

Climbing to Cruise
For those not attending BACFest this year and would like to enjoy a fly-in perhaps more close to home, the third and final AOPA fly-in is at Tullahoma, TN and hosted by the Beechcraft Heritage Museum. Perhaps some of you have already been there. BAC has had a couple of gatherings there over the years. Of course, the big event was the dedication of the historical N2303Z last year during the museum's annual Beech Party held yearly during the second week of October. Thanks to our inspirational leader John Persinger, it was a huge success with it's original pilot, Gene Nora Jessen recounting her epic journey around the USA in 1962.

AOPA has a lot of activities planned for those two days: workshops, academics, rusty pilot seminars and good food. You can pre-register for seminars and food discounts. Access the AOPA website and click "Community" along the top and then "Tullahoma" for details. Costs for activities, admissions and food are posted on the website.

This is a good opportunity for us BACers to join the museum and enjoy membership discounts. There's also many local attractions to visit.

If any SE or other member would like to host this event, please let me know. Perhaps a BAC breakfast/lunch/dinner would be a good idea to corral all attendees. Merely compile a roster with name, method of travel (car, commercial, own airplane) and ICAO of their origin airfield. Then, they can contact myself and I'll compile PT points.

I'll be attending BACFest during this timeframe.

Fly Safely,

Charley Booton, Sierra, N9143S
SE Director
chazbo_af@mchsi.com
850-496-6912

Just made my reservation! I’ll be there with my youngest son on Friday afternoon. Should be a lot of fun!

Clear skies

Tom

N9319S
1974 C23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, hopefully you’re able to meet some other BACers there and take some pictures. Have fun and be safe.

Outstanding, hope we can get a good crowd. As mentioned, I will be at BACFest but would appreciate if whomever plans to show up to please exchange contact information on this forum and/or Facebook, etc.

Don Nesbitt, if able to make it, said he'd be glad be the POC for all BACers attending. Perhaps gather for a meal and/or picture. Remember, since this item is on the BAC calendar, it's an official event and a group meal/function will be reimbursed by the club. Whomever is the POC, please scan the group receipt to myself and I will forward to BAC Treasurer Candace Gooderum.

Also, as mentioned above, please compile a list of who attended, their mode of travel and home airport call letters so as to award PT points.

Charley Booton, scroll up for contact info

Like CB I will be at BAC Fest, however you guys/gals attending Tullahoma's AOPA will enjoy. AOPA puts on a good event and Tullahoma, well they know how to do it right. Let's see if we can do a BAC Fest - Tullahoma link so we can say hi. If you go to this one, best come back for Beech Party!

For those looking for a fun fly in ~ meet me in Tullahoma. The weather looks promising. I will plan to fly up early Saturday morning arriving by 9 am local. Please PM me if you will be attending and would like to meet for lunch. I will share my cell via PM so you can check in for meeting credit. I will plan to depart 3 pm local.

Looking forward to meeting a few new members.

Peace,
Don

you all be careful around THA. Especially the heat: forecast said the high was 92 Degrees for saturday.
Too hot for me to stand around outside all day.

3f32846993e41769dae0d09cff167c0c.jpg

Great turnout in Tullahoma.

I was flying HSV to BNA this morning (around 9am) and heard alot of the Shellbyville to Tullahoma traffic on HSV approach frequency.
It was busy. My traffic display on foreflight had several planes showing.

Some of the folks sounded like they are 80 years old but it was their first time ever talking on the radio.

Forecast is 96 !!

Too hot for me.

Flew up at 6500. Oat was 73 degrees. Much more comfortable. It was hot but the beer was cold and the BBQ was delicious. STOL competition in the background.

9383d089c15cc40fad2792f2d0ef5432.jpg

Clear skies

Tom

N9319S

Looks like y’all had a great time...little hot, but the same in Colorado...especially the long flight home! Don, if you were able to compile a roster of those attending, please send to me and I’ll forward to Doc Alan White so he can award PT points. Also, if you all had a group meal, forward the receipt to myself or Candi Gooderum for reimbursement.

If y’all haven’t gotten enough of Tullahoma, there’s the Museum’s Annual Beech Party 9-12 October which you’ll find some BACers show up. AND, it’s also the location of the 2020 BACfest in concert with the Beech Party next year.

Charlie,

i was unable to attend for a myriad a myriad of reasons but I believe Tom was the only BAC member there....although it looks like a mouse parked behind his plane so I could be mistaken.

Peace,
Don

Back