ALL FLYING THE SAME DAY(s) BAC Weekend 8/22 to 8/23/2020

corcoran

Orbiting Earth
How Many Planes Can We Get In The Air On The Same Weekend?

In 2013 Tom Robertson (TOMTERRIFIC) suggested:
I propose we schedule a BAC [weekend] Day. This day would be set aside by members for the purpose of taking our Beeches for a flight. Flights can be for 5 minutes or an all day affair. On subsequent days we would write our experiences to a forum here for everyone to see. How many of our aircraft can get into the air in one day?
So, what do you think?

Today, I don't find a record of how many of our planes took to the air on previous days like this. . However, it seems like a fun thing to do again.

So, I have arbitrarily picked the Saturday August 22, 2020 and Sunday August 23, 2020 for our event. To qualify fly your plane anywhere for any length of time on that weekend. Report that you flew on this thread. Only a short message like "N1234X flew on BAC Weekend" is necessary... or, if you like, write more detail including where and how high etc. Maybe try skywriting that day.

Wherever you are in the world BAC Weekend begins at local sunrise on August 22 and ends at local sunrise on August 24. If you can only go to the airport and touch your plane because of crappy weather we may later decide to count that.

Good luck. Any other ideas are welcome. Tom Corcoran
Attached Files Attached Files
IMG_1460.jpg

I can’t do this one.
We are in stage 4 lockdown for at least another six weeks. The airfield is closed and flying is banned. I am not even allowed to move more than 5km (3 miles) from home, so I can’t even go out to play.

I can’t do this one.
We are in stage 4 lockdown for at least another six weeks. The airfield is closed and flying is banned. I am not even allowed to move more than 5km (3 miles) from home, so I can’t even go out to play.

I'll be hiking in Glacier National Park

The difference right there is astounding. Mark, sorry you can't fly but all of us that will try or get flying will think of you. I'll be one of us trying to be flying.

I can’t do this one.
Mark, I'm really sorry for you but the upside is : locked at home means you have more time to assist all of us with your tremendous knowledge!

Can someone post the date again. I can always take a quick hop for a Dr. Pepper of a fish taco, but I gotta be on the right date!

I wonder ,
if we all have adsb if FlightAware could collate them all by model type to see a whole list on there

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just did it and went to aircraft type punten B E 19 and boom it shows one in the air in California I think it works
0fabbf58e99bc738ef1a42664eab4451.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Can someone post the date again. I can always take a quick hop for a Dr. Pepper of a fish taco, but I gotta be on the right date!

Saturday August 22, 2020 and Sunday August 23, 2020. To qualify fly your plane anywhere for any length of time on that weekend. Report that you flew on this thread. Only a short message like "N1234X flew on BAC Weekend" is necessary... or, if you like, write more detail including where and how high etc. Maybe try skywriting that day.

Wherever you are in the world BAC Weekend begins at local sunrise on August 22 and ends at local sunrise on August 24. If you can only go to the airport and touch your plane because of crappy weather we may later decide to count that.

Max,

To participate on "BAC Day" just go flying and report it here.

Flightaware and other bread-crumb tracks are only needed for the skywriting contest.

I can’t do this one.

Wow, that sounds worse than NY state ever got during out lockdown. The airport was open but the office with the bathroom was locked and unaccusable. During normal business hours you could go in with a mask and there was hand sanitizer which was required. I flew an awful lot during out lockdown. Thank goodness for credit card fuel pumps...I could fly anywhere but you couldn't do anything once you got there. I could walk the dog in the park and as of Dec 21, 2019 I am a newly wed and wifey and I have done allot of newly wedding. I don't mean to make light of this horrible pandemic but for me it has been kind of crazy.....

Sorry about the thread drift.....I will likely fly both days unless the weather has something to say about it! :)

Did we only have one person do this? Heck, I was at a higher elevation than 99% of the BAC members and I was on the ground!

Back