Airport Steak House - Mattoon, IL (KMTO) - Saturday - October 10, 2020

AVIATOR_

Flight Levels
Bad timing for me. We are going to visit a grand daughter in Indianapolis on the 10th and 11th. We'll probably fly into your home base if the wx permits.

Bad timing for me. We are going to visit a grand daughter in Indianapolis on the 10th and 11th. We'll probably fly into your home base if the wx permits.

Well Bob, maybe I will get a chance to see you while you are here.

Well Bob, maybe I will get a chance to see you while you are here.

Our plans changed again. Looks like we will be flying into KEYE, home of Rick's Boathouse. Bad timing again, since I know you have had fly ins there in the past. Next time you do, I'll kill two birds with one stone, attend a BAC fly in and visit my grand daughter!

Dan and Nina looking forward to seeing you both tomorrow. It will be a much shorter flight than it was for you to KTZR.

Third time is the charm they say. The weather finally cooperated and we were able to have this fly-in at Mattoon. Great turn out too. Seven attendees, Curt and Jane Lindauer, Dan Rothe and Nina Rossini, Mark and Lisa Anderson, and John Redmon. We had (3) Sierras and (1) Sundowner on the field. All enjoyed the outdoor dining at the Airport Steak House. Mark had the longest flight of 222.4 nm taking over 2 hours bucking a head wind.

Mark and Lisa Anderson getting ready to enjoy their Elephant Ear Tenderloin.

IMG_1465.jpg

A little hangar talk around Mark Anderson's Sundowner

IMG_1468.jpg

Three good looking Sierras

IMG_1469.jpg

Curt and Jane Lindauer, Dan Rothe and Nina Rossini, Lisa and Mark Anderson

IMG_1472.jpg

Looks like GREAT times! A bunch of us use to fly over from KBMG on Sunday for breakfast back in the 70's. Great memories.....

Back